CoinPeople.com

Another couple of coins from my collection for you opinions

dooly

;) I think there is only one way to sort this all out !!! i am going to send it to NGC with my next world submission and see what happens !!!

Thanks for the great discussion on this coin i cannot wait to post some more of my coins and see what comes of them all the best to you all and keep up the good work

dooly :ninja:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And986 provided a link to the topic with photographs of Ukrainian fakes. Photographs on pages 1 and 2 as well as 1810 on page 5 are exactly what you are looking for :-)

Thank you very much, BKB -and of course And968- ! This truly adds to my experience. Sigi

;) I think there is only one way to sort this all out !!! i am going to send it to NGC with my next world submission and see what happens !!!

Thanks for the great discussion on this coin i cannot wait to post some more of my coins and see what comes of them all the best to you all and keep up the good work

dooly :ninja:

DOOLY, HAVE YOU TRIED TO RING THIS COIN? USE SIGI'S METHOD OF BALANCING THE COIN ON A FINGER TIP, AND TAP IT WITH ANOTHER COIN. IF IT RINGS (HIGH PITCH RING WITH SOME SUSTAIN) IT IS STRUCK. IF IT JUST GOES "THUD" IT IS CAST.

I AM VERY CURIOUS...

thank you. Squirrel.

DOOLY, HAVE YOU TRIED TO RING THIS COIN? USE SIGI'S METHOD OF BALANCING THE COIN ON A FINGER TIP, AND TAP IT WITH ANOTHER COIN. IF IT RINGS (HIGH PITCH RING WITH SOME SUSTAIN) IT IS STRUCK. IF IT JUST GOES "THUD" IT IS CAST.

I AM VERY CURIOUS...

thank you. Squirrel.

Wowza !!!! it rings better than a church bell !!!!

I have just one request for mummytrol, if I may. Please stop typing "thank you. mummytrol." at the end of each of your post.

We know who you are by the the manner in which forum displays posts. "thank you. mummytrol" over and over and over again makes it sound like a broken record, especially since the rest of the information in your posts is so short. I do not mean it as an insult of any kind, just a suggestion.

O.K.

Slightly off topic. What's the point of having coins if we can not share it (at least visually)with people who enjoy coins? Here is the other 1804 EM 5 kopek. Brekke 115. The othere side did not upload, but you can see the different eagle. I should start using imageshack for uploads.

Wowza !!!! it rings better than a church bell !!!!

aha! ;)

My poor google translator has bastardized the Staraya Moheta thread above, translating correctly about 1 in 5 words. To any of you more fluent, is there mention that the Ukranian Fakes are cast, or from other more sophistocated methods for reproducing? Lets see what NGC says. Assuming they too arent fooled...... :ninja:

That eagle sure has some fat neck! ;) Not really off topic - really nice picture. ;)

Now I'm the one who's going to be off-topic. ;) By the way Igors, did you photograph the other coins that you promised? It's the Moldavian (as well as overstruck one) coins that I'm talking about ;)

qxseries, please remind which pictures I promissed and I will gladly make then this wekend. Old age is slowly crawling up. I still look pretty good :D , but my memory is a different story :ninja:

aha! ;)

My poor google translator has bastardized the Staraya Moheta thread above, translating correctly about 1 in 5 words. To any of you more fluent, is there mention that the Ukranian Fakes are cast, or from other more sophistocated methods for reproducing? Lets see what NGC says. Assuming they too arent fooled...... :ninja:

If NGC slabs that fake - it's just another nail in the coffin. Too many examples of the fakes in slabs recently. The trust is fading away... ;)

BTW, the fake was struck. It suppose to sound good.

Archived