CoinPeople.com

Coin Clubs

dave44_04

I was just wondering how many people here belong to their local coin club and can tell me whats it like. Here in Everett we have a very nice club which meets once a month. We also have a board meeting which I am a board member. I was Vice President for 3 years till my many trips to the Philippines ( Got married and made a Baby :ninja: ) made it not possible to hold that office anymore.

The Clubs been going strong for the last 45 years (1962) and holds a yearly coin show with 40+ dealers. We have about 77 members now and have had 9 new members joined in the last 3 months. During the meeting we have a penny guess for both the kids and older members winners get a 5 dollar check and the piggie bank with coins. We have a membership draw for 10 dollars each month, If their not there it gos up another 10 dollars. We have the finds of the month where members tell what they found and member Displays. Last year one of the older members displayed a complete Bust Half Dollar set that he completed back in the 1950s in VF+ on the full set!!!!!

We have a half time break for snacks, visiting with other members and buying from the 2 or 3 dealers that set up each meeting. We then have a raffle and auction. All together its a fun time for everyone!

Heres a link to our web site. http://www.everettcoinclub.org/

I belong to the Ocala Coin Club. It's a very nice club with about 97 members. I was the President up until 2 years ago. Had too many work conflicts to keep the office - it was fun.

We meet monthly on the 4th Tues and when there are 5 Tuesdays we have two meetings that month. The major feature of our meetings is an auction that is popular and well stocked/attended. Lots of bidding. Most of the items are reasonably priced and there's some spirited bidding.

Our annual coin show is big with 75 tables and lots of attendees. We had an annual program of donating numismatic books to the libraries of every Middle School in the County. This was dropped this past year, but will start again in 2008.

Lots of fun and knowledgeable members. Overall a very good club. We celebrated our 50th Anniversary in 2005.

From what I've been told by coin club members at coin shows, there are a lot of coin clubs in this area. The members attempting to recruit new members are always disabpointed in this fading thing. If you read my reply on another post about coin insurance you would see why coin clubs are vanishing. I know, or suspect, all or maybe most members of such clubs are honest, sincere, trustworthy people but in the area I live, it's trust no one, with nothing, about nothing. To join a coin club in an area like Chicago, New York, etc. is just not a logical thing to do with the amount of crime happening every day. Imagine in a place like Chicago with an average of 50,000 cars stolen per year how smart it would be to join a coin club.

Dave,

I live in Ellensburg about 3-4 hours away. I wish it was not so far. I do not think we have a coin club here. Wish we did.

-UncleKin

I was just wondering how many people here belong to their local coin club and can tell me whats it like. Here in Everett we have a very nice club which meets once a month. We also have a board meeting which I am a board member. I was Vice President for 3 years till my many trips to the Philippines ( Got married and made a Baby :ninja: ) made it not possible to hold that office anymore.

Archived