CoinPeople.com

Future commoratives?

Dockwalliper

The 2009 cent will have 4 different Rev. designs depicting 4 stages of Lincolns life. I doubt the wheatback will be one of them.

:ninja:;) there better be a wheatie there!!! if not i wont buy the new proofs in 09 and will only buy coins from other countries.. i thnk they should of did a commem of all of the pennies like the large cents,ihc,wheatie,and then regular pennie. and if they do the side veiw like they did on the new ugly nickles my pennie days will be over!!

More or less in order of what I'd like to see.

1. Circulating quarters to honor DC and the Rest.

2. Hudson-Fulton-Champlain Quadricent.

3. 100th anniversary of the Lincoln cent

4. Commem of me and my life.

5. War of 1912

6. US Army/Infantry Museum

7. 15th Anniversary of Britney Spears making it to the big time

5. War of 1912

I must have missed the War of 1912. Who was in that one?

:ninja:

5. War of 1912

;););) Deadpoint - that is great! I still can't stop laughing! Of course #7 would have to depict a Britney/Liberty in her underwear! ;)

I am not a commemorative coin collector of any kind. There are several I have purchased because I just liked the design. I just don't want to get caught up in a commemorative freency where they will all be worth less than I paid for them due to overkill. So many things like the State Quarters have made this coin collecting boom a reality lately. The coming of the 2009 Lincoln Cent will also start another increase in coin collecting I would think. My fear is way to many commemorative coins will start a decline in this coin collecting system which I think is one of the downfalls with stamp collecting. All we need now is some coins with Elvis or a M. Monroe coin to start the decline in serious coin collecting. I do like the Olympic ones since they mostly look serious and something to remember an event that is world wide. But an Elvis coin, for instance, would make me wonder when will it all end.

Any one for an Al Capone coin?

I think a comem. set of old designs would sell fast.Morgan dollar,mercury dime,bufflow nickle,and last but not least,a wheet cent!I know some of those coins are from diffrent times,but I woun't mind haveing a set.Afrter they got rid of cheif sculpter engraver the designs have not been as good.09 wheet,I can see it now.

I think a comem. set of old designs would sell fast.Morgan dollar,mercury dime,bufflow nickle,and last but not least,a wheet cent!I know some of those coins are from diffrent times,but I woun't mind haveing a set.Afrter they got rid of cheif sculpter engraver the designs have not been as good.09 wheet,I can see it now.

Welcome to the forum numismatic nut. I like the old designs too, but instead of using them they need to design something that would correlate with those designs and compliment them instead of rehashing something from the past. Besides in my opin the wheat cent is one of the plainest coins ever. I do like the Indian cents though.

True,they are plain;but when I have over 5 pounds of them,you learn to like them.

I probably have 40 lbs of them and they seem to multiply with finds like this week I have gotten three of them in change, a 1948, a 1952-D and a 1952-S. The first two I got on different days at the Post Office.

Archived