CoinPeople.com

ILNA Fall Convention Finds

oldbucks

Yesterday I was at the ILNA - Illinois Numismatic Association Fall Convention in Countryside IL. There was a fair number of currency dealers there and I was able to pick a few unique items that were begging to jump into my albums.

I must tell you that, the prices on alot of notes are increasing at remarkable rates.. However take your time in looking for what you want and you will find it at better price. Remember, patience is a virtue.

1. WWII - North African - $10 Fr. 2309* - a nice star note

975.jpg

2. FRBN - $5 - Chicago Star note - rare indeed! Not the best in looks, but hard to find. Fr. 1850-G*.

976.jpg

3. Small Legal Tender $1 Fr.1500 - only issued in Puerto Rico by the US Govt. 1.8million were issued. This is graded ChCU. These notes have doubled in price in the last 3 years. This is typical to find these notes with narrow margins on bottom obverse side. Gem grades are starting to approach the $800-$1000 level.

974.jpg

4. Legal Tender $5 1928C - non-mule variety Star note. Fr.1528*. I would grade this one VF/XF with great paper quality. Still nice embossing you can see on the reverse side from the serial numbers.

973.jpg

Jeff

Yesterday I was at the ILNA - Illinois Numismatic Association Fall Convention in Countryside IL. There was a fair number of currency dealers there and I was able to pick a few unique items that were begging to jump into my albums.

I must tell you that, the prices on alot of notes are increasing at remarkable rates.. However take your time in looking for what you want and you will find it at better price. Remember, patience is a virtue.

1. WWII - North African - $10 Fr. 2309* - a nice star note

WOW-WEE! I'm soooo jealous. I'm home now in Virginia and don't go back to school (on the northshore of Chicago) for another week and a half! All the good shows are going on now there and once I leave here, all the good ones come here! What filthy luck!

Anywho, I'm jealous not because of the show but because I haven't found a nice star WWII note yet and I need one. Well, I guess that's the fun of the hunt.

Archived