CoinPeople.com

Grace Kelly Commemoration 2 Euro Coin

MarcoW

Hi everyone, my name is Marco. I'm new to the forum but eager to participate in the topics!

I recently purchased several Grace Kelly Commemoration coins of 2 Euros at 110 euros a piece. They are the most rare commemoration coin ever produced, and only twenty thousand have been minted. I could sell them staright away for approximately 230 euros a piece, but I was wondering if they would be worth considerably more in six months time, or maybe even a year?

What are your opinions?

Many thanks, Marco.

They are the most rare commemoration coin ever produced, and only twenty thousand have been minted. I could sell them staright away for approximately 230 euros a piece, but I was wondering if they would be worth considerably more in six months time, or maybe even a year?

20.000 is huge mintage in comparison with romanian commems, for example. 500 pieces is the most common mintage in past years in Romania (exists andmintage of 250 pieces and even of 150!). You can buy now for 150 euro the most rare "Treaty of Rome" commem coin: the romanian silver 5 lei -also minted in 500 pieces. All the people I've talk says that the price is too high, so in my oppinion 230 euro for a 20.000 issue is enormous. But you're right, even if the ebay is full of offers of Grace Kelly euros, all are sold at that price. I wonder if the price will remain so high in next years.

And, welcome here!

As for the current price, well, it is awfully high indeed, but there are reasons for that. That coin (more about it is here http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showtopic=14153) is the very first €2 commem issued by Monaco. Then, Grace was a star in Europe and in America, so the "theme" of the coin may be quite popular. Also, while 20,000 may sound like a lot, keep in mind that the "rarest" €2 commems so far have had mintages of 100,000. And finally ... the dealers who sell the Grace €2 coins will not have bought them at a price of 2 euro. :ninja:

So yes, €230 or so would be way too much for me. But collectors who want to have a complete set of €2 commems, including those from the non-EU countries (MC, SM, VA), will have to decide whether they buy this one or leave it out. Now how much people will pay for it in a couple of months ... no idea.

Christian

• 3 months later...

Dear Marco

Warm greetings, Edited to comply with forum rules on sales/purchases/trades. Please respect the rules. You must have been a member for 30 days and have at least 25 posts before participating in such activities.

best regards

Rajesh Kamath

Hi everyone, my name is Marco. I'm new to the forum but eager to participate in the topics!

I recently purchased several Grace Kelly Commemoration coins of 2 Euros at 110 euros a piece. They are the most rare commemoration coin ever produced, and only twenty thousand have been minted. I could sell them staright away for approximately 230 euros a piece, but I was wondering if they would be worth considerably more in six months time, or maybe even a year?

What are your opinions?

Many thanks, Marco.

I jumped on this coin very quickly and got it for $16.00 plus $8.00 out of Europe (Germany) and right now I am feeling pretty good about it. Just wish I had purchased a few more at that price as they escalated quickly.

Hmm, are you sure you got the actual coin, not one of these (possibly Belgian) medals? Check the obverse (with the Grace portrait) and see if it has the artist's signature and whether the stars are in the correct position. On the reverse (common side) a coin says "2 EURO" while the medals, made by private third parties and usually labeled essai, say something like "2 E" instead ...

Christian

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

What are your opinions?

Many thanks, Marco.

hi if you still have the coins i am interested in buying

Hmm, that initial message was posted almost two years ago, and is the only message that member ever posted here. And the coin costs much more than €230 these days. Some dealers even charge about €800 now ...

Christian

• 1 year later...

Guys,

I am insane. I got one Grace Kelly 2 Euro Comm. Coin today (10 Dec 2010) at a price of 1000 euro.

This price is

500 times of the face value

the market price of total 14 coins of San Marino and Vatican City.

40% of the market price of total 2 euro comm.

After getting it, I am feeling upset. what would you say?

for more price info. of this coin, please refer to http://mikoyan.blog.mongenie.com/index.php?idblogp=970083

• 4 weeks later...

This 20.000 is implementing huge compared to commemorative Romanian, for example. 500 pieces is the most common implementation in recent years in Romania which is andmintage 250 pieces, and even 150. You can now purchase for 150 € rarest "Treaty of Rome commemorative coin: money Romanian lei 5, also made of 500 pieces. All the people I spoke said that the price is too high, so I think € 230 for a 20,000 questions is enormous. But you're right, although ebay is full of offers of Grace Kelly euro, all sold at this price. I wonder if the price remains high in the coming year. And welcome here.

coins

Archived