CoinPeople.com

Rolls

BigCanadianM

Is the roll worth a premium?

-a very small one

Will it in the future?

Likely a small one

Spend them?

Usually I'd save a few nicer ones and spend the rest. If you can afford to, then put the roll aside. It's a pretty low opportunity cost

You'll never know what rolls will bring in the future. For example some of the shocker rolls that I have seen are the Korean 50 whan minted in 1959, still in it's original roll. If I am not mistaken, there are about 50 coins in there and realistic speaking if each of them were to be broken up and sold, maybe 4 dollars or so. The final sales ended up to be some 400 dollars or something.

A partial Japanese 10 sen coin roll, yes, from Meiji era perhaps 20 or so in it still with it's original rice paper roll (almost impossible to find) would be probably 70 dollars each but ended up to be more than 3 thousand just for that paper roll.

But again, that's after 50+ years. Would be good for your grandson really. :ninja:

I'll call the coin store later and see if they would pay a premium...if not, spend them.

If you got them, they can too. If your not willing to hold them for some time theres not going tobe a premimum. Pick out a half dozen of the best for future use (trades, contests,etc.) and spend the rest.

They may not be worth a premium in Canada, but since they are harder to find here in the US, they might be worth saving a dozen or so to trade or sell to your southern neighbors.

This is what I do, and I'm slowly filling in all my State Quarters in the process, too. :ninja:

Archived