CoinPeople.com

Recommend sellers for foreign by lbs or 100 coins

Hi

I am looking to buy some foreign circulated coins by the pound or by the 100, in 2x2's or not.The regular circulated stuff. I am not picky as of condition but don't want any culls. Dates have to be readable.

Reading "coin world" and "Numismatic news" I see some offers but how to know who sends you nice lots and who sends crap? I am looking to get 10lbs from 1 seller.

I don't want any USA or Canadian coins (Canadian prior to 1960 ok), some Mexico OK but not a lot. My collection being so small I could fill many holes this way while having fun.

I hope someone can recommend some sellers (No Ebay).

Thanks a lot

Patrick :ninja:

I've done this a few times, but I'm in Canada, and the only time I bought from the US was through ebay. I've seen price ranges of $8-15/lb, but if you look hard enough, you can get them for as low as $6/lb in bulk. The last time I bought (through ebay), I got 20 lbs for $4.25/lb. I'd suggest if you do this more than once, to buy from different sources, as the mix will be different that way. This last time I bought, I got another coins from 12 (or more) countries that weren't represented in my collection.

I'm also curious to see what other recommendations are out there, but I am at a point where I would be more particular with my mixture. Then again, for the right price, I still may do it. :ninja:

Hi Patrick well the guy's I use are all UK based as am I but these are there user names if it is a help to you ;)

sezzyg = Has some nice country lots as well as some mixed lots

jhpn65 = Mixed lots

tight..wad = Mixed lots

jaiden0109 = mixed lots

I have bought large lots of French coins from a couple of French sellers that where very good but they were single country lots so I have not included them ;)

Hope that this is of some help

:ninja:

I've been thinking about buying a couple 1/2lb. lots from the ebay seller equitycoins.

Don't know if they're any good or not, but the price seems good. Anyone dealt with them?

Once you add in shipping charges, it's not that great of a deal. You can probably buy from a local dealer for about the same price, or better, than you can from equitycoins. It also depends on how much you want. Figure 1/2 lb of coins can be anywhere from 40-60 coins. (for reference, 145 or so pennies to a pound).

Archived