CoinPeople.com

Silver Rouble 1912 (Napoleon's Defeat)

GHV

It skyrockted to prices that I don't really know how much it costs these days ;) It definately is hot and I painfully regret the day that I could have bought a XF for just under 200USD 3 years ago :ninja:

Last I remember a NGC(?) MS60 blew over 2000USD last year. Who knows what will be this year. I'm certain it will be much higher. I could possibly record down a list of how much coins were sold off but honestly, to put a list of the coins that I could have got at ridicious prices just puts everything off ;)

It skyrockted to prices that I don't really know how much it costs these days ;) It definately is hot and I painfully regret the day that I could have bought a XF for just under 200USD 3 years ago :ninja: Last I remember a NGC(?) MS60 blew over 2000USD last year. Who knows what will be this year. I'm certain it will be much higher. I could possibly record down a list of how much coins were sold off but honestly, to put a list of the coins that I could have got at ridicious prices just puts everything off ;)
Hi gxseries,Thank you for a Message.Any opinions? ;)

GHV, if you have difficulty uploading an image here, you can always get a free account at http://www.imageshack.us or alternatively http://www.photobucket.com

Once you upload your image there, all you need to do is to type in the code like this:

[url]http://www.servername.com/picture.jpg[/url]

The url code is what you get from uploading the picture.

I'm sure you can upload your pictures here too but it's limited and once it gets full, you'll have to delete your older images.

GHV, if you have difficulty uploading an image here, you can always get a free account at http://www.imageshack.us or alternatively http://www.photobucket.com

Once you upload your image there, all you need to do is to type in the code like this:

[url]http://www.servername.com/picture.jpg[/url]

The url code is what you get from uploading the picture.

I'm sure you can upload your pictures here too but it's limited and once it gets full, you'll have to delete your older images.

gxseries, thank you for a help, but looks like image had large size, I just reduced and looks like all right :ninja:

Damn that's a beauty coin! Very nice. :ninja: I do remember vaguely that there are high quality counterfeits out there.

It is argued that it is the most beautiful commemorative coin ever minted (perhaps with the exception of the marriage ruble?) but sadly the reverse isn't up to it. (or probably the mintmaster got too tired from designing with the obverse and ran out of energy ;) ) If I am not mistaken, isn't the text of "1812... -1912" taken from a commemorative medal too? Previous designs all commemorative coins were often inspired by medals that existed.

Price wise, I wouldn't dare to comment. The best is to check the big auction houses and check the realized price. That will be the most realistic price ;)

Thanks for showing your hot coin there ;)

Hello People ;)

Any Opinions about this coin? ;)

How popular on market? and Price opinions? ;)

Pictures shows up the Gem condition. :ninja:

Probably "p911" can tell his opinion? ;)

Thank you.

so the circulation of this coin is 26 500/

the coin in my avatar i bought for 1400USD 2 month ago/

almost XF maybe XF-

Yes, so I was right, it looks to me like that from picture that you have (even in that not real good scan)

So I think if Almost XF coin can worth about $1400, I guess UNC (ms63-65 will be about 3-5k ? (

What do you think?

:ninja:

Thanks you for Info p11, as I see this coin on web site action that you provided relised for $2200 (plus probably commisions) and graded MS62. Sounds interesting.

:ninja:

yep and this auctin was in the end of 2006

After reading the above current prices, I think back to about 1960 when I purchased a gem 1912 Borodino rouble for the princely sum of $12.50. The same firm also offered a 1917 10 kopecks, equally nice, for a dollar.

In my opinion this is the finest rouble, in terms of design, issued by Imperial Russia.

RWJ

After reading the above current prices, I think back to about 1960 when I purchased a gem 1912 Borodino rouble for the princely sum of $12.50. The same firm also offered a 1917 10 kopecks, equally nice, for a dollar.

In my opinion this is the finest rouble, in terms of design, issued by Imperial Russia.

RWJ

Welcome to Topic Julian, ;)

I'm agree with you about the design of Borodino 1912 rouble, one of the Finest, (if not the finest one)

Eagle side has very nice design-work, and about reverse, I would like to say that it is looks good too, because it should be a simple than observe. Should be more light, and not heavy designed like observe. Both sides "plays" very well to each other.

Also I like your price $12.50 :ninja:

Thanks for your Opinion ;)

RWJ

This is what I bought for $400 in 1994. :ninja: It was a lot of money then. Simple Unc 1912 napoleon was $150 - 200.

18121912ryj4.jpg

18121912axc3.jpg

This is what I bought for $400 in 1994. ;) It was a lot of money then. Simple Unc 1912 napoleon was $150 - 200.

BKB, thanx for another Great Picture of this coin.

Is this coin that you paid $400 in 1994? :ninja:

Is this coin graded or? MS?

I love design of the Observe, Super-Duper! ;)

Archived