CoinPeople.com

Need a link or reference for 1 or 2nd Hesselgesser sale

Timofei

Hi, guys,

I need to find a picture of 1 coin from supposedly 1st or 2nd Hesselgesser sale. Can anybody point me a link to the auction or maybe look into auction catalog. Should be Goldberg site but I am confused - did not find that info.

Thnx

Hi, guys,

I need to find a picture of 1 coin from supposedly 1st or 2nd Hesselgesser sale. Can anybody point me a link to the auction or maybe look into auction catalog. Should be Goldberg site but I am confused - did not find that info.

Thnx

Hi Timofey,

Send date and condition of the coin, I will look later today.

Rarenum

Hi, guys,

Thnx

click to view Sale 5, then click on 'ancient coins' on the left, then click 'session 7' - you are there.

Hi, guys,I need to find a picture of 1 coin from supposedly 1st or 2nd Hesselgesser sale. Can anybody point me a link to the auction or maybe look into auction catalog. Should be Goldberg site but I am confused - did not find that info.Thnx
Image send.Good luck with your purchases. :ninja:

But you did think that Benson and Hesselgesser is the same person. :ninja:

Nope, I did not think that. In Benson sale russian coins are identified as coins from Hesselgesser collection. However, I see nothing like that in Kardatzke collection... So, what is the story?

The front of the Kardatzke catalog says, "and selections from the Dr. Robert Hesselgesser collection of Russian Coins."

The lots are not othewise identified in the Russian section, as coming from Hesselgesser. Goldberg had several other sales that featured some of the unsold coins from the first auction, and other new ones.

There were other, non-Goldberg sales of Hesselgesser's Russian coins. Superior had three sales, January, 2004, May30, 2004 and one other, I think: The Russian Collections, which featured Hesselgesser's Russian coins, again some of the unsold coins from earlier auctions. He finally sold some of the high-end coins in the May 30, 2005 Goldberg auction that also featured the "Cheshire Collection" of English coins. It has been a long road for Dr. Hesselgesser's Russian coins, but now I believe that most of them are sold, and he is concentrating on US coins now.

• 11 months later...

Archived