CoinPeople.com

Double Flipover Strike Washie $1 on The Bay

bobbycoin

"SUPER RARE ONLY 1 UNIQUE WASHINGTON ERROR DOLLAR"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130089577609

Current bid: US $1,000.00

6 hours left

I found this link on a very popular blog I go to. I hope its real for all the attention its getting.

What do ya think?

-Bobby

I'm really getting irritated for the first time in a long time with all the nonsence about this dumb dollar. At a flea market yesterday and today people that know I know something about coins are driving me nuts with stories of no edge lettering, doubled edge lettering, two headed, two tailed, no face, ne reverse, upside down letters on the edge, possible tree sided and on and on and on. Everyone knows someone that has one, saw one, had one, wants one and they all must think I make them. I don't even have one anymore. I got a bunch from a bank and have been using them for tips at restaurants and do I get some lousy looks from waitresses. The news media is going overboard with stories of how EVERYONE is happy with them, wants them, uses them. I just like my credit cards.

"SUPER RARE ONLY 1 UNIQUE WASHINGTON ERROR DOLLAR"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130089577609

Current bid: US $1,000.00

6 hours left

I found this link on a very popular blog I go to. I hope its real for all the attention its getting.

What do ya think?

-Bobby

Isn't this a simple hammertime-job?

Looks like it though...

I wouldn't bid on it.

Regards.

Jos

Definitely no flipover doublestrike. Could be die clashing though (strike through error). I've been flipping and rotating both images, and they seem to match...

But they don't explain the die rotation though...

Looks about 100 degrees rotated. That isn't likely to happen I guess...

Strange coin...

Regards

Jos

It's a clashed die -- obverse AND reverse-visible -- good luck to "Hotdog 375" who paid $1625!!!!!! for it -- the seller can buy alot of purple paint for Beth with that!

It's a clashed die -- obverse AND reverse-visible -- good luck to "Hotdog 375" who paid $1625!!!!!! for it -- the seller can buy alot of purple paint for Beth with that!

How do you explain the die rotation then?

(Still need some convincing :ninja: )

Regards,

Jos

I've been thinking of simply putting some of the upside down edge lettering dollars on eBay just for fun. Not going to mention error or anything, just state the honest to God truth they are NOT rare.

Bet I still get more than $1 bids.

• 2 weeks later...
You know what though, guys like him are making money. I'm not. Maybe I should be a bad person too. :ninja:

Nahhh, don't even think about it. Nevermind the money they're making. In the end, guys like that are stuck being what they are. You get to be you, which is much more rewarding when you've kept your integrity. Being ethical is its own reward and integrity is something money can't buy back for you once you've compromised it.

At least, that's the way I see it.

the coin was a squish job.... if you read the details on the page.. you can see where the sellers says the coin is a little concave.... SQUISH!!

The scary part is when people figure out how to do it the right way. I'll keep my mouth on that, I absolutely HATE counterfeiters, ruins the hobby for all of us.

yeah... its sad what people do for a buck...

Luckily most of the people who do this, do it poorly, so it's easily spotted, at least to a collector. Sadly, most of the public doesn't know the difference until it's too late. I'm glad the ones who are good at making these fakes don't really get very far before they are discovered. Or have enough moral standing to not even make them in the first place.

Archived