CoinPeople.com

Why UNC gold 3 ruble more hot on market than UNC 1859 Memorial ruble?

GHV

Hello people! ;)

Have Read last topic about Specimens and Proof and really liked.

Very Hot fight on it!

And very interesting! :ninja:

Would like to give more easy question to get some kind of timeout from Hot topic ;)

The question is: I see that russian 3 ruble gold coin in uncirculated condition getting hot on market.

And Why that Gold coin more Hot on market and expencive than One Year type 1859 Nicholas I Memorial Ruble? ;)

If we compaire mintage, ruble has 50.000 and 3 ruble gold coin minted from 1869-1885 (with also low mintage (about 1.600.000 for all period) but much more than silver ruble).

Please explane that part.

Thanks a Lot!

P.S. I think probably reason can be that most part of the Gold 3 rubles were melted? ;)

The question is: I see that russian 3 ruble gold coin in uncirculated condition getting hot on market.

And Why that Gold coin more Hot on market and expencive than One Year type 1859 Nicholas I Memorial Ruble? :ninja:

The gold 3 roubles is more scarce in UNC than many people realize. In fact, I think it is rarer than the platinum 3 roubles in UNC.

As for the Nicholas I Memorial, it's all supply & demand. Probably there are many more collectors chasing commemorative roubles than collectors chasing business strike gold coins.

I see a lot more 1859 commemorative roubles than 1714-НДД kopecks offered, but the 1714-НДД kopeck doesn't sell for multiples of the rouble price even though it is much harder to find. Why? Fewer people are looking for the 1714-НДД kopeck, that's why.

Just a trend and ... gold ;)

Actually , if you compare 2 similar grade coins: 1 rub 1859 , say, NGC MS-63 and 3 rub, say, 1874 NGC MS-63 , you will see that prices are very CLOSE ;)

I agre about Gold... but still... ruble is ruble + commemorative.

About your compaire MS63-MS63, I agree, but still, I don`t think ruble MS63 can be close to 3 ruble 1874 MS63, so you want me to tell that ruble MS63 can worth around 3k ? (unless 3 rub worth around 3.5k) :ninja:

By the way ruble in MS63 extremely rare, since 3 rubles kind of often we can meet

The gold 3 roubles is more scarce in UNC than many people realize. In fact, I think it is rarer than the platinum 3 roubles in UNC.

As for the Nicholas I Memorial, it's all supply & demand. Probably there are many more collectors chasing commemorative roubles than collectors chasing business strike gold coins.

I see a lot more 1859 commemorative roubles than 1714-НДД kopecks offered, but the 1714-НДД kopeck doesn't sell for multiples of the rouble price even though it is much harder to find. Why? Fewer people are looking for the 1714-НДД kopeck, that's why.

Probably right?

but Still hard to believe that one year type of famous ruble can cost not such much as should be.

Its still commemorative interesting type.

About platinum 3 rubles, yes i think gold ones going to be much Hot.

I agre about Gold... but still... ruble is ruble + commemorative.

About your compaire MS63-MS63, I agree, but still, I don`t think ruble MS63 can be close to 3 ruble 1874 MS63, so you want me to tell that ruble MS63 can worth around 3k ? (unless 3 rub worth around 3.5k) :ninja:

By the way ruble in MS63 extremely rare, since 3 rubles kind of often we can meet

I never thought that 1859 rouble was rare. In proof -- yes. But in MS? I think it is harder to find a 1896 Coronation or 1912 Napoleon in MS63 then 1859. (IMXO) I may be wrong, of course, because I do not actively collect commemoratives.

I never thought that 1859 rouble was rare. In proof -- yes. But in MS? I think it is harder to find a 1896 Coronation or 1912 Napoleon in MS63 then 1859. (IMXO) I may be wrong, of course, because I do not actively collect commemoratives.

I don`t think that easy to find ANY commemorative ruble in MS63 condition.

And about 1859 also. The mintage 50.000 pcs. and I think it's very low for any type of coin, most of one year type commemorative. :ninja:

I don`t think that easy to find ANY commemorative ruble in MS63 condition.

And about 1859 also. The mintage 50.000 pcs. and I think it's very low for any type of coin, most of one year type commemorative. :ninja:

I'd agree. 1859 rouble has been in circulation for more than 50 years. Even with relatively high original mintage for a commemorative coin, it is not easy to find it in a high grade or in true proof. The most common grades for this coin are [AMERICAN] XF-AU. ...and lots of fakes !

I'd agree. 1859 rouble has been in circulation for more than 50 years. Even with relatively high original mintage for a commemorative coin, it is not easy to find it in a high grade or in true proof. The most common grades for this coin are [AMERICAN] XF-AU. ...and lots of fakes !

I complectly agree with you oldman, mintage kind of high for a commemorative coins (but still is low) ;)

And not easy to find in really high grade like ms62 and above. (proofs also)

On market we can see only xf/au like you said.

And after all that it's still not really highpriced as should be... probably needs more time?

I'm sure if it could be some American coin type it would worth thousands of green crocodiles :ninja:

I'm sure if it could be some American coin type it would worth thousands of green crocodiles :ninja:

I agree.

However, at least for now, the USA is a richer country than Russia and there are more active and affluent collectors in the US.

I think that will change in the future as Russia continues to prosper.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh come on. You are making me regret dearly about a XF coin that I could have got at 200USD 3 years ago. :ninja: Now what is a XF worth. 600+? A grand? ;)

By the way, nice coin Cheburgen and welcome to coinpeople. ;)

Thanks. AU, I think, a little bit above one grand. In MS close to 63-64 I think more than 2.

Thanks. AU, I think, a little bit above one grand. In MS close to 63-64 I think more than 2.

Nice Proof! :ninja:

for sale or? ;)

Yes, probably you right, MS63/64 could worth around $2500-$3500

My opinion this coins in high grade (and other commemoratives) will grow up easy in near future ;)

;)

Nice Proof! :ninja:

for sale or? ;)

Yes, probably you right, MS63/64 could worth around $2500-$3500

My opinion this coins in high grade (and other commemoratives) will grow up easy in near future ;)

;)

Sorry, not for sale in the nearest future ;)

MS63 in NGC slab just went on Gelos for 2200$ and some auction fees should be added to this sum.

Sorry, not for sale in the nearest future ;)

MS63 in NGC slab just went on Gelos for 2200$ and some auction fees should be added to this sum.

Yes you right, 2200 good price but i think still quite low that it should be.

Your proof is Great! :-)

If you decide to sell remember me :-) :ninja:

Yes you right, 2200 good price but i think still quite low that it should be.

Your proof is Great! :-)

If you decide to sell remember me :-) :ninja:

Send me your e-mail in private messages and I'll send you 10MB pictures of this proof ;)

10 mb?!?!?!?! :ninja:;)

yeah, 2 pictures each 10 mb, scanned at very high resolution so you can see every detail of the coin, advantages and disadvantages. Better than you can see it under a microscope.

• 2 weeks later...

That is what I got from the seller about possibility to return the coin anf can he guaranty that the coins is not a fake:

"Hello, Sorry, no guaranty. We just re sellers (selling for other people) and some of items we even never touching. Please, do not bid or do not place to high bid if you not sure."

That is what I got from the seller about possibility to return the coin and can he guaranty that the coins is not a fake:

"Hello, Sorry, no guaranty. We just re sellers (selling for other people) and some of items we even never touching. Please, do not bid or do not place to high bid if you not sure."

The following lot from the same seller, containing a "silver" 6 rouble piece (the well-known 1830 platinum counterfeit), sold for more than $50:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-IMPERIAL-RUSSI...1QQcmdZViewItem

RWJ

If the seller could give me the better picture of the coin I could compare it with mine, but even without the better pictures I can see some signs of the fake.

6 Rouble for 50$ :ninja:

Archived