CoinPeople.com

Strange eBay auction

RW Julian

Q: So did e-bay do anything about it?

A: Yes, they did. Collected a few hundred of $$ of final value fees? :ninja:

Dear WCO,

I'm not sure why you're so negative on all the issues.

Stay positive and other people will like you.

As to the Ebay and NGC reporting, I can say only that this is a legal procedure that has to be done. You'll see that some steps will be taken to prevent this from happening in the future.

Will it happen again? Absolutely! But we ALL need to fight.

Best regards.

The auction has been stopped by Ebay.

Here is a part of the email I received from them, since I asked this seller a question through Ebay:

Our records indicate that you recently sent an email to or received an email from frpope through the eBay email system (for example, you may have sent an email to this member through Ask Seller a Question or received an email from this member through Contact eBay Member).

Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in hopes that you will respond so that the other party can obtain your email address. We wanted you to be aware of the potential fraud risk these solicitations pose and encourage you to be cautious about the email you received from this member.

If you have already sent the item or sent payment for the item, please reply to this email and we will send you additional information about how to protect yourself.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

Archived