CoinPeople.com

impulse buy of the day...holey gold piece, Batman!

Doogy

Nice coin! I like to collect holed examples, myself. Yours will be a nice addition to your collection, whether you put it in a 2x2 or wear it on a necklace.

My impulse buy of the year is still a LOUIS XV ecu 1732-39, Rennes Mint, Very Good for $50. Sort of like this one... but not so rare ...

Louis XV ecu on www.CoinArchives.Com

Nice coin! I like to collect holed examples, myself.  Yours will be a nice addition to your collection, whether you put it in a 2x2 or wear it on a necklace.

My impulse buy of the year is still a LOUIS XV ecu 1732-39, Rennes Mint, Very Good for $50. Sort of like this one... but not so rare ...

Louis XV ecu on www.CoinArchives.Com

cool, thanks Michael! very beautiful coin you picked up there; i'll bet there is a lot of history behind it. If only coins could talk, huh?! I have found a holed 1849 $1 gold i'm going to pick up too. It is in AU shape, and being the first year of the Calif. gold rush, should make a cool necklace trinket.

BTW Michael; I remember you introduced me to the idea of joining ANA when i first found Coinpeople. I had just started my world gold (and US gold too) collection, and you spoke highly of ANA. on your suggestion, I joined last month using a special put forth by Mr. Contursi's company of "buy one year, get one free!" I'm looking forward to checking out some books in their expansive collection, as well as their magazine. thanks for the tip!

Doug

Archived