CoinPeople.com

Mosler 2 Door safe

Brett

I am going to an auction this weekend that is offering a Mosler 2 door safe. It is approx 6 ft tall 3.6 ft wide and 2 ft deep. I believe its a model 6033. The auction people were not sure.

1. Does anyone know much about these safes?

2. Does anyone know an estimated value?

Any info would help

I am going to an auction this weekend that is offering a Mosler 2 door safe. It is approx 6 ft tall 3.6 ft wide and 2 ft deep. I believe its a model 6033. The auction people were not sure.

1. Does anyone know much about these safes?

2. Does anyone know an estimated value?

Any info would help

So...

Did you win the safe? Just how big was it, anyway?

Nope didn't win it. Went for around $2800 with the buyers premium. It was beyond what i wanted to spend.

And it was big. If I had won it, not sure where i would be able to put it. I dont have a garage. And you would need a good cement foundation for that thing.

But i will keep looking.

I might take pics of my current safe and see if megasafe wants to buy it from me. Its considered an antique. It was made around 1914 from all the history i can find out about it.

I have the smaller one on the right. It was around $1,600 delivered for a NEW one. Has room for all my coins, currency, all the wife's sparkling jewels and some firearms & ammo.

guard-fire-gun-safe500.jpg

I have the smaller one on the right.  It was around $1,600 delivered for a NEW one.  Has room for all my coins, currency, all the wife's sparkling jewels and some firearms & ammo.

guard-fire-gun-safe500.jpg

Delivered and set up? I looked into one gun safe (for my coins, no guns!) and it was delivered but in like off the truck onto your driveway, where you put it is your problem buddy... deal. Passed on that one.

Delivered and set up? I looked into one gun safe (for my coins, no guns!) and it was delivered but in like off the truck onto your driveway, where you put it is your problem buddy... deal. Passed on that one.

Delivered, taken off the truck, brought up three steps, then down a flight of 13 steps and up yet one more step. All I had to do was bolt it down once I had it where I wanted. This was in 1998 so its probably a little more money now.

Brett-I use an old DiBold Special. It's 3'X2'X1 1/2'. Started out as a stand for a slot machine, now is home to coins. (paid $500 for it as an antique) Something I've found poking around on FleaBAY. every now and then there's a safe advertised for the price of removal. Simply, if you get it out, then keep it. Something to consider. Mike

Archived