CoinPeople.com

Gordonian III

Hussulo

Not in firefox they don't.

The use of thumbnails on this forum is really annoying because none of the mozilla based browsers seem to work. I have to switch to IE to see 'em. Not `cool' with me either.

The use of thumbnails on this forum is really annoying because none of the mozilla based browsers seem to work. I have to switch to IE to see 'em. Not `cool' with me either.

:ninja: Frightening!

If you link in a picture or respond with the legend I can give you a slightly more detailed attribution

Another new addition to my collection. I think it is a Gordonian III silver (or silver wash) Antoninianii? can anyone add anything else?

Silver Antoninianus (aka `double denarius') of Emperor Gordian III as Augustus (238 - 244 AD).

Your one appears to have Gordian stabding holding a spear and globe (reverse) which would make it either RIC 92 or 93. I can't quite make out the legend in full.

I can make out P.M. TR. P. then i'm not sure if that is a V or II followed by ?

Either way it is one of the more common Gordian III antoninianii. They sell on ebay for circa $30 - $40. There's three main obverse legends and numerous reverses to collect. Would make quite a collection to have them all.

Not in firefox they don't.

It's a pain in the a$$, but there is a work-around for seeing the images in Firefox (I use it, too). Right click on the small attachment, and "view image". when it brings up the thumbnail image, just delete the "_thumb" from the URL, and viola, image. definitely a pain, but if you really want to see the image.

or I could just put the image in-line for you....

post-1009-1150920391.jpg

I don't understand why the pictures aren't working for everyone? In future I might download them to omnicoin then add a link to them.

It's the different way different browsers are coded.

Archived