CoinPeople.com

Can anyone help me with this hammered coin?

FrankVenn

Hello,

I recently got this lovely hammered in a lot of coins I bought, if anyone could give me any information on it that would be great and a valuation maybe? :ninja:

I can see its Edward.

I have slightly edited the pictures to make them more clear. Thats why my hands are bright red!

I have been doing a little bit of research and I believe it could be an Edward I penny minted in Bury St Edmund's, probably totally wrong but oh well!

e16qts.jpg

zukw36.jpg

Wrong time for our hammered experts. They'll be here later/earlier/whatever.

Haha, yeah I should probably get some sleep...2:14am *YAWN*

That looks like an Edward I Bury St Edmunds mint to me. The reverse seems to be VILLA SCI EDMUNDI which would fit.

Im not sure on what class it is, but im sure someone a bit more knowledgable will let you know soon enough. Some of the Bury St Edmunds mint coins can be quite rare but there are still a few common examples.

A nice little coin anyway! :ninja:

That looks like an Edward I Bury St Edmunds mint to me. The reverse seems to be VILLA SCI EDMUNDI which would fit.

Im not sure on what class it is, but im sure someone a bit more knowledgable will let you know soon enough. Some of the Bury St Edmunds mint coins can be quite rare but there are still a few common examples.

A nice little coin anyway! :ninja:

Thankyou ;)

I'm pleased with it.

Depending on its value I'll probably sell it, I don't think its worth a lot but even so.

Wrong time for our hammered experts. They'll be here later/earlier/whatever.

Well, you say that... I was up until 5 ;)

They're all hammered right now :ninja:

Not quite, not quite. ;)

From a quick glance, it looks to be a class 15a of Edward II. The reverse legend reads VILL SCIE DMV NDI, making it Bury Saint Edmunds.

Well, you say that... I was up until 5 :ninja:

Not quite, not quite. ;)

From a quick glance, it looks to be a class 15a of Edward II. The reverse legend reads VILL SCIE DMV NDI, making it Bury Saint Edmunds.

Thanks alot mate!

• 1 year later...

Archived