CoinPeople.com

Look but don't touch! ;)

SMS

Just recieved this afternoon in one of the most beat up looking Priority letter packages I've ever seen. "Somebody" must have been trying to figure out what exactly was in it...as usual.

Anyway, this is our first GOLD in the collection! Probably be seeking to get one every month now.

911247.jpg

Just recieved this afternoon in one of the most beat up looking Priority letter packages I've ever seen.  "Somebody" must have been trying to figure out what exactly was in it...as usual.

Anyway, this is our first GOLD in the collection!  Probably be seeking to get one every month now.

911247.jpg

Wow I love it!

Is this a 1oz - Coin???

Marvin

Wow I love it!

Is this a 1oz - Coin???

No, it's about a 1/12 oz. AGW, so that's about $57 in gold weight. Coins like this are hard to determine an actual market value since there was little over 1000 pieces produced, thus they do not trade that often. But, now I got one of them :ninja:

Very nice coin. 1/12 oz. That's a pretty good way to be sticking some gold away and "dollar averaging" rather than going to the ounce coin. Nice design too.

You should like this coin more than most, Art! :ninja:

It's "housed" inside a new ClearView ANACS holder with a grade of 69!

I've noticed these new ANACS holders make the pictures come out "fuzzy" and not as "shiny" as the coin actually is....maybe I'll crack it out....

• 3 weeks later...

Susies, like Ikes, are outstanding in cameo proof or in pristine MS. IMHO anyway. Actually I could add Kennedy half dollars and SACs to that list as well.

• 4 months later...

I just got the coins I won in GXSeries' giveaway. WIll have pictures in the future, but just want to list out what was included:

in pairs:

1944 10 Sen

1941 10 Sen

1941 5 Sen

1947 50 Sen

1944 1 Sen

a couple of nice uncirculated aussie coins

and the kicker:

a Meiji era 1 Sen!

it's an 1883 (yr. 16) 1 Sen coin.

Thanks GX!

Archived