CoinPeople.com

Are these very common ?

izzy452

I think it depends on where you are in the US. I got two tens just last friday, and they are the of the previous style. I have seen only one so far in person, the one I posted on Banknotebank.com, and my wife said she saw one as well, but spent it as it was already crumpled beyond what she knows I like.

I have asked many banks where I live, and none have them to hand out, but say they get them from time to time in deposits, but I was told that they don't order tens, as they get the money recycled through the public on a frequent enough basis. The ATM's around here only spew out 20's, and I still see more of the older styles of these than the newer colorized ones.

They new tens will be common enough soon, but I guess my hopes of getting one with a lower serial number isn't going to happen.

they're not common yet, but they will be. i've already gotten a few in change. these are the *new* $10 notes. spend them just like the old ones (except they probably won't yet work in vending machines).

I typically see 30 or more a day. If you get nice one, you might hold onto it though just for the hell of it. They definitely seem to show wear a lot worse than an older-style note with the same amount of damage seems to.

Archived