CoinPeople.com

1974 half DD reverse?

gallery_22_22_30574.jpg

Noticed this doubling on the 74 Kennedy I got from Mom, this is all I could capture with my limited capabilities for picture taking. There are a few other spots that are doubled on the reverse but found nothing on the obverse. I know there is a 1974 obverse DD, is there a DD reverse listed as well?

there is a lot of doubling on ike dollars....especally the proofs..double dies on ikes are pretty common....I think the more neat part is what looks to be a nice strike through in the "O" of dollar

Yes I noticed that as well but wasn't sure exactly what it was. There is also another "odd" incuse mark between the two stars under the "A" in America.

judging from the pics it looks like regular "MDD" or mechanical doubling on the reverse. Regular MDD is not as valuable and is fairly common, appearing as shelved doubling on the lettering. One good place to check for the true doubled die reverse is the tail feathers on the eagle. If they do NOT show any doubling- it's most likely MDD.

The strike thrus are definitely the more intriguing error for this Kennedy half.

there is a lot of doubling on ike dollars....especally the proofs..double dies on ikes are pretty common....I think the more neat part is what looks to be a nice strike through in the "O" of dollar

The marks inside the O isn't that ejection marks?

Archived