CoinPeople.com

2€ Commemoratives

Updated my table. I've got quite a few ordered. Sometime in the next week or so I hope to finish my plan for an album for these coins.

Redoing my album plan based on the new "same" 2€ Commemorative from each country in 2007 plan.

• 2 weeks later...
I think that I'll leave the Vatican and San Marino thing open. I'm not interested in spending a lot of money on this venture. I just think that it's a good time to begin such a collection and then keep it up to date.

re san marino ... write and ask to get on their list. that's how i did it. worked on the second try.

re san marino ... write and ask to get on their list.  that's how i did it.  worked on the second try.

I need to do that. I understand that you can do the same for the Vatican and that they have some kind of lottery thing where some number of people get sets. Can you PM the San Marino info?

well, the vatican isn't nearly as responsive as san marino is. i'll pm you the info when i get home.

the san marino folks even answer their email (they're not so zippy about it but i'm surprised they answer at all!).

(maybe i'll try the vatican again ... maybe with a new guy at the top they'll be more responsive. too bad it's not like congress where i could call cardinal levada and ask "can you help a home boy out ... ?")

well, the vatican isn't nearly as responsive as san marino is.  i'll pm you the info when i get home. 

the san marino folks even answer their email (they're not so zippy about it but i'm surprised they answer at all!).

(maybe i'll try the vatican again ... maybe with a new guy at the top they'll be more responsive.  too bad it's not like congress where i could call cardinal levada and ask "can you help a home boy out ... ?")

You might want to try. I have a good friend who got his marriage annulled after years of trying by contacting a Cardinal who had graduated from Notre Dame with his father.

You might want to try. I have a good friend who got his marriage annulled after years of trying by contacting a Cardinal who had graduated from Notre Dame with his father.

well, it's not like i know the cardinal personally ...

FWIW, the Vatican's numismatic office is just that, and not the Spanish Inquisition. :ninja: They have never asked anybody for their religious affiliation, if any. Fortunately so ... Then again, I collected VA coins to some extent even before they started issuing euro pieces.

Christian

FWIW, the Vatican's numismatic office is just that, and not the Spanish Inquisition. :ninja:  They have never asked anybody for their religious affiliation, if any. Fortunately so ... Then again, I collected VA coins to some extent even before they started issuing euro pieces.

Christian

oh, i know that. but it would be kinda cool if they were responsive ...

My collection is rapidly growing too: <br><br><br><Table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=5><TR BGCOLOR=#AAAAAA><TD width=50><FONT size=-1><b>Year</TD><TD><FONT size=-1><b>Country</TD><TD><FONT size=-1><b>Subject</TD><TD width=50><FONT size=-1><b>Status</TD><TR VALIGN="top" BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> <TD BGCOLOR=#AAAAAA rowspan=7><FONT size=-1><b>2004</B></FONT></TD><TD><FONT size=-1>Finland</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>European Union Enlargement</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD><TR BGCOLOR=#EEEEEE><TD><FONT size=-1>Greece</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>Olympic Games</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD> <TR BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF><TD><FONT size=-1>Italy</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>Fifth decade of the World Food Programme</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD><TR BGCOLOR=#EEEEEE><TD><FONT size=-1>Luxembourg</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>Effigy and monogram of Grand-Duke Henri</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD> <TR BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF><TD><FONT size=-1>San Marino</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>Bartolomeo Borghesi (historian, numismatist)</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>-</TD><TR BGCOLOR=#EEEEEE><TD><FONT size=-1>Vatican City</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>75th anniversary of the Founding of the Vatican City State</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>-</TD> <tr height=10><td colspan=4></td></tr><TR VALIGN="top" BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> <TD BGCOLOR=#AAAAAA rowspan=9><FONT size=-1><b>2005</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>Austria</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>50th anniversary of the Austrian State Treaty</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD><TR BGCOLOR=#EEEEEE><TD><FONT size=-1>Belgium</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>Belgium Luxembourg Economic Union</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD><TR BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF><TD><FONT size=-1>Finland</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>60th anniversary of the United Nations</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD><TR BGCOLOR=#EEEEEE><TD><FONT size=-1>Italy</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>1st anniversary of the European Constitution</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD><TR BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF><TD><FONT size=-1>Luxembourg</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>50th anniversary of Grand-Duke Henri</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD> <TR BGCOLOR=#EEEEEE><TD><FONT size=-1>San Marino</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>World year of Physics</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>-</TD><TR BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF><TD><FONT size=-1>Spain</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>Don Quixote of La Mancha</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD><TR BGCOLOR=#EEEEEE><TD><FONT size=-1>Vatican City</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>World Youth Day 2005</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD><tr height=10><td colspan=4></td></tr><TR VALIGN="top" BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF> <TD BGCOLOR=#AAAAAA rowspan=4><FONT size=-1><b>2006</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>Belgium</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>Atomium</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD><TR BGCOLOR=#EEEEEE><TD><FONT size=-1>Germany</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>Schleswig-Holstein</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</B></FONT></TD><TR BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF><TD><FONT size=-1>Italy</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>20th Olympic Winter Games - Turin</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD><TR BGCOLOR=#EEEEEE><TD><FONT size=-1>Luxembourg</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>25th birthday of the Grand-Duke Guillaume</TD><TD><FONT size=-1>X</TD></Table>

That Belgian coin commemorating the reopening of the Atomium is quite disappointing, by the way. (In my opinion, of course.) Well, it may be difficult to turn a giant atom :ninja: into something pretty flat and small that is supposed to circulate ...

On the other hand, shortly after I bought my Atomium coin, I even got another one from circulation. Don't have that one any more, but it is always good to know that such pieces actually do show up in the wild.

Christian

Well, I've got all of the 2€ Commems, with the exception of the Vatican and San Marino issues, and the Turino (it's coming). So now to get the album pages and get that ready.

I have a whole album for my "regular" "foreign" euro coins. It's a small 4-ring binder with  '12 pocket' pages for 2x2's.

I simply added a few pages for my €2 commems.

That gives me an idea. I'll have to investigate it a little but I used to have a Dansco stock book that I used for Indian Head Cents -- years ago. As I recall it was 16 pockets per page.

Well, I've got all of the 2€ Commems, with the exception of the Vatican and San Marino issues, and the Turino (it's coming). So now to get the album pages and get that ready.

wow! that was quick!

(i got the atomium you sent in yesterday's mail ... thanks!)

wow!  that was quick!

(i got the atomium you sent in yesterday's mail ... thanks!)

Glad you got the Atomium coin. I'm not all that crazy about the design but without it the set would not be complete.

Glad you got the Atomium coin. I'm not all that crazy about the design but without it the set would not be complete.

right. i think it would look 10000% better in proof ... as a business strike it just looks plain.

I've got some duplicates on these. I'll be sorting that out and putting them up for sale this weekend.

I've got some duplicates on these. I'll be sorting that out and putting them up for sale this weekend.

Mr. Procrastination is at it again. I'll wait until I have my pages in hand and then dig this stuff out and offer the dupes.

• 2 weeks later...
Did you want it moved here, or were you thinking more of the asylum?

This is just fine. Thanks.

Archived