CoinPeople.com

Ebay feedback

stu62

I've bought 8 items on Ebay.My feedback is 6 yet I've reicieved 8 feedbacks.I've bought 3 different items from the same seller.Could the the 3 feedbacks from him be only counted once?None of this would matter to me,but a seller didn't let me bid on his item because I didn't have a feedback of 10 or more.

Yep, It keeps people from padding their feedback.

Total Positives do show, but your score only counts members not totals. Here's mine.....

Feedback Score: 91

Positive Feedback: 100%

Members who left a positive: 91

Members who left a negative: 0

All positive feedback received: 117

Back when I joined in 1997 each feedback counted as one, regardless of the number of items from the same seller, but that lasted a very short time.

Also, you didn't need to have a transaction with someone to leave feedback for them. I know because my father and I exchanged feedback with no sale between us. This also lasted a very short time. In fact the feedback score has even been fixed, my feedback is:

Feedback Score: 1002

Positive Feedback: 100%

Members who left a positive: 1003

Members who left a negative: 0

All positive feedback received: 8678

They count that feedback from my old man as a "member who left a positive", but it is no longer counted in my "Feedback Score" although it was at one time counted (long ago).

Imagine the feedback padding available when feedback didn't have to be tied to a transaction! It is unfathomable that this was allowed, even temporarily!

Archived