CoinPeople.com

Shipping from the U.S. to Canada

SMS

Has anybody else had any problems shipping coins PROPERLY from the U.S. to Canada since the regulation changes in June? My post office here has been @!#% since the beginning of the month shipping ANYTHING but Priority mail.

I tried to send stuff to CCG and first attempt refused because envelope was too small. Second, had to fence with the PO employee about the contents being "coins" which were "restricted" to registered mail. Finally got him to accept the fact that its a collector to collector and could be sent uninsured post. Then package refused because addressee and return were not all CAPS, then rejected because it was not normal envelope and bubbled, then they tried to charge $17 for post parcel (air post letter was refused because the "exception" stated "specifically" post parcel).

Would like to know if anyone else has been having trouble and if I need to contact the Post Master General about this post office (rural area of only 5000 people, only half of which live "in town"). Thanks :ninja:

The clerk you're dealing with is an officious little tyrant, that's all. I had trouble with an idiot clerk who refused to insure anything in a #6 or #10 envelope, saying that they were letters, not 1st class packages. I ended up having to get my congressman's office to contact the USPS with the complaint since the USPS has no internal complaint office for "postal customers" to use.

Ask to talk to the postmaster and if the person doing this to you is the postmaster, call your congressman's office and get them to contact the USPS for you. Some of these postal clerks must huff airplane glue before reading their regulation books. They read something in English and translate it into Martian in their half empty heads. ahaha

Boy SMS, between your problems with local banks not accepting legal tender and your post office, you sure your little local community didn't slip into the twilight zone?

Look, Up ahead, a sign...

Boy SMS, between your problems with local banks not accepting legal tender and your post office, you sure your little local community didn't slip into the twilight zone?

Look, Up ahead, a sign...

We're talking Northwest Wyoming here! We're the Bermuda Triangle of the mainland U.S. :ninja:

Has anybody else had any problems shipping coins PROPERLY from the U.S. to Canada since the regulation changes in June?  My post office here has been @!#% since the beginning of the month shipping ANYTHING but Priority mail.

I tried to send stuff to CCG and first attempt refused because envelope was too small.  Second, had to fence with the PO employee about the contents being "coins" which were "restricted" to registered mail.  Finally got him to accept the fact that its a collector to collector and could be sent uninsured post.  Then package refused because addressee and return were not all CAPS, then rejected because it was not normal envelope and bubbled, then they tried to charge $17 for post parcel (air post letter was refused because the "exception" stated "specifically" post parcel).

Would like to know if anyone else has been having trouble and if I need to contact the Post Master General about this post office (rural area of only 5000 people, only half of which live "in town").  Thanks :lol:

:ninja:;);)