CoinPeople.com

Old coins wanted in puddings

Tiffibunny

I recommand an enterprenier to mint new silver tokens and I bet those will sell like hotcakes. :ninja:

But yes, it seems that it's a type of tradition in parts of Australia. I remember walking into a coin store and there were people asking for old yet somewhat AU silver coins. Sadly those are blowing at insane rates. Perhaps some restrikes might be nice.

Just how common was this? I wouldn't be very pleased if there was anything metal in my pudding...  :ninja:

T'was customary in the UK too many years ago. What worries me more than anything is that silver threepences are small and easily choked on. A Shilling would be safer but was of course more money and that's why threepences were used instead. Whoever gets it, keeps it... imagine a child in the 1920s, how much they could have bought with three pence! ;)

I recommand an enterprenier to mint new silver tokens and I bet those will sell like hotcakes. :ninja:

But yes, it seems that it's a type of tradition in parts of Australia. I remember walking into a coin store and there were people asking for old yet somewhat AU silver coins. Sadly those are blowing at insane rates. Perhaps some restrikes might be nice.

I have thousands of Sixpences, and will happily sell them for only £1 each. ;)

Archived