CoinPeople.com

First Lady Gold bullion

Dockwalliper

Will you purchase the Frist lady gold bullion coins when they show up in 2007?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Will you purchase the Frist lady gold bullion coins when they show up in 2007?

• No, Wouldn't spend a nickel on those hags.
    • Nah, Its a dumb idea.
    • Maybe, There could be some rarities in there.
    • Yeah, I have my eyes on ....... She's my favorite First Lady.
    • Yes, a full set will be the driving force for the next ten years

I'm afraid they'll end up scrapping the process 1/4 the way through (too many designs, too little interest) and melt them down to make more pretty Eagles.

Dumb question: Are the first lady coins being issued INSTEAD OF the eagles? Also, what gold content are they going to have?

I didn't pay attention to any of the more recent threads on this topic because the coins don't inspire me to collect them. The above prediction wouldn't be too surprising if they were made for circulation.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dumb question: Are the first lady coins being issued INSTEAD OF the eagles? Also, what gold content are they going to have?

I didn't pay attention to any of the more recent threads on this topic because the coins don't inspire me to collect them. The above prediction wouldn't be too surprising if they were made for circulation.

Nope, First ladies in addition to Eagles. They will be .999 fine Gold and same size as the dollar coins.

Actually, I'm rethinking actually going out of my way to collect these. At least some of the SQ's were pretty. I might set aside an Adams and a Jefferson for my mom, though - she worships the movie "1776" to the point that she has a library of Jefferson and, especially, Adams biographies and collections of letters.

Actually, I'm rethinking actually going out of my way to collect these. At least some of the SQ's were pretty. I might set aside an Adams and a Jefferson for my mom, though - she worships the movie "1776" to the point that she has a library of Jefferson and, especially, Adams biographies and collections of letters.

Save your money...the first ladies will be about $400 a pop. :ninja:

Whoops, I was in a Presidents frame of mind when I posted that... I meant "I'm actually considering not collecting the Presidents". I have no means to buy the ladies. Mom will be on her own if she wants Abigail.

• 9 months later...

Archived