CoinPeople.com

My newest coin

qualified_coinnut

That's pretty nice. What is it exactly?

Oh these kids! Didn't see? This is the Stujoe's Gambian 4 Schillings 1966 (The world's famous crocodile coin - as seen in PCI contest). Stujoe put it in a PVC bag and sold it to QC as a unicorne coin... :ninja:

Serious now, this must be a Westphalian Notgeld of 1000 Mark 1921-23(you can see one of 50 Millionen Mark 1923 in Krause, at the end of Empire/Germany chapter/Inflation Notgeld). Beautiful horse!

I had a few of these over time, it's a very impressive coin. The guy on the other side is not so gorgeous.  :ninja:

There are also a couple with a woman on the other side. ;) By the way, those Westphalian pieces were never used in circulation ...

Christian

It is a 1923 Westphalia Notgeld token 10,000 Mark, with some balding dude on the obverse that resembles a chicken hawk to me. I have no idea of the value, cost me around $36 U.S. including delivery. Although it has minor surface wear, uit is an ms-60, nicer in person than on the screen. Goes well with my other notgeld and kriegsgeld coins, as well as the early silver state issues. Anyone know what this coin books at in ms-60? Thanks :ninja:

There are two varieties of that token; one is a little larger (44.5 mm) than the other (44.0 mm) and has a higher relief. The 2002 Jaeger - not actually a notgeld catalog but it lists a few issues - says it is worth €20 in "vorzüglich" and €32 or €37 in "Stempelglanz". MS-60 is closer to the latter ... Now whether that is the current value, I don't know.

Who "the dude" is ... look at the name at the top. :ninja:

Here is another picture, from a Federal Republic coin:

00033a.gif

Christian

Archived