CoinPeople.com

RFID Tags in New US Notes Explode.....

Sir Sisu

Heard of it, knew it and experimented on it some time ago. It wasn't funny when I was trying to change them though lol.

I think one of the first few "pioneers" was with the Dutch notes for the Europeans and that was where the whole idea was raised in tracking notes. The US had a different idea where only 100 dollar bills was planned only for such tracking and the idea was that if there was enough metallic threads appearing under an x-ray in major places, then that will raise an alarm.

Seriously, the whole plan is ridiciously silly. You can remove the RFID tags but depending on the degree on of the burn, it's not really "useable" is it?

Plus the idea of putting them into aluminum foil is completely useless. If I had to add in a rude shock that I had in a Turkish shopping mall, they actually had a full airport security from X-ray scanners, to body check!!!

Forget alumnium foils, having something metallic might be mistaken as a bomb and you will be branded as a terrorist the next second. :ninja:

Totalism is here to stay ;)

Looks like it's time to use real gold coins for daily transactions... I'm sure RFID tags aren't on bullion coins yet... ;)

i'll have to be skeptical. somehow i doubt the "low-denomination" $20 bills from 1996 were equipped with hi-tech radio chips embedded into the paper. what i do know, is that they come embedded with a thin metallic strip.

metal in microwaves = sparks

sparks & paper = fire

the truck stop story is probably a hoax, in my opinion. in the pictures of the euro, you can clearly see the fire also started on the metallic strip. a different type of strip, and a much smaller microwave fire.

Take the metal strip out of the bill then spend the bill

You will Find that most people will take the bill even with out the metal strip

The govt Is Not Interested in tracking Money Unless they have to

The money changes hands so many times so tracking would be useless

JMHO

if you pull it out, you risk being accused of passing counterfeit notes if a business checks for it.

Security Thread: A security thread is a thin thread or ribbon running through a bank note substrate. All 1990 series and later notes, except the $1 and $2 notes, include this feature. The note’s denomination is printed on the thread. In addition, the threads of the new $5, $10, $20 and $50 notes have graphics in addition to the printed denomination. The denomination number appears in the star field of the flag printed on the thread. The thread in the new notes glows when held under a long-wave ultraviolet light. In the new $5 it glows blue, in the new $10 it glows orange, in the new $20 note it glows green, in the new $50 note it glows yellow, and in the new $100 note it glows red. Since it is visible in transmitted light, but not in reflected light, the thread is difficult to copy with a color copier which uses reflected light to generate an image. Using a unique thread position for each denomination guards against certain counterfeit techniques, such as bleaching ink off a lower denomination and using the paper to "reprint" the bill as a higher value note.

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/section.cfm/7/35

Archived