CoinPeople.com

Nancy-Nancy-Charlie cents

bahabully

Go ahead and kill the thread if this is bad mojo, but my curiosity is killing me so I'm gonna try to ask.

I know there are a couple of grading services that must remain unspoken and/or spelled on coinpeople and I don't want to violate that rule,, but I'm seeing a metric ton of MS70's, 67's, etc. cents on ebay that are graded by ol' Nancy and I was just wondering what the forum thought of her. I'm guessing not much.... some of the ms cents I see that are graded by her appear to me as off color, etc.,,, but some look ok and some of the prices are deals in even lower MS Red grades and I'm thinking that maybe there's a deal in a couple of those plastic holders.

I've picked up a couple nice deals on coins graded by other taboo grading services, I think because they graded so many poorly that the plastic around them actually became as bad as corrosion (well almost).,, I think I got a couple of Morgans graded by them that they got close enough for me and the price was tap dancing to my wallet.

Anyway, anyone have any experience with Nancy-Nancy-Charlie coins?

I don't have any experience with them. I only have a handful of slabbed coins anyway. I think 95% of coins graded by any 3rd party slabber are all overgraded.

For example if you had a coin graded back in 1989 by company X, if you cracked it out and then resubmitted it in 2004 to the same company, I would almost bet every time the grade would improve, even though it really hasn't.

3rd party grading = waste of money, unless you have a coin that you believe is worth morth than $150.

But that's just my opinion

Treat all slabs the same as you would a 2x2 with the grade written on it and you will probably be ok. :ninja:

I feel less like someone is trying to rip people off with a 2x2 then with an untrusted slab.

If you mean Numistrust, or NTC, every slab of theirs I've seen is MS66 or higher. In something as borderline worthless as a high grade zincoln, I would tend to disregard their grades completely.

Zincolns, bronze mems and even common wheats have such an astronomical difference in values between MS60 and anything higher than MS63 that it's better to trust nothing but your own eyes when buying one of them and that would mean you'd be safer buying none online unless the slab is from one of the big three.

Archived