CoinPeople.com

Name the overstrikes that you have, or have seen!

gxseries

Interesting overstrikes that I come across and they are in my collection now. :ninja:

1730 Anna 1 kopeck over 1717 Peter I 1/2 kopeck (Mint type unknown)

1731 Anna 1 kopeck over 17xx Peter I 1/2 kopeck (Moscow mint)

1731 Anna 1 kopeck over 17xx Peter I 1/2 kopeck (almost undetectable)

1765 2 kopecks over 1762 PeterIII 4 kopecks

1766 2 kopecks over 1762 PeterIII 4 kopecks (probably double strucked)

Unconfirmed 1798/7 (overdate) Pavel I over 1760s denga... ?!?!?! (too tiny to be traced... but there are some outlines of it...)

There should be at least another three more coming in... so hopefully I can update this list... (I rather not put them in now for the moment ;) )

I am hoping to find a double overstriked coin... as in... 3 different designs in one coin...!!! :lol:

Do you have one? ;)

Interesting overstrikes that I come across and they are in my collection now. :ninja:

1730 Anna 1 kopeck over 1717 Peter I 1/2 kopeck (Mint type unknown)

1731 Anna 1 kopeck over 17xx Peter I 1/2 kopeck (Moscow mint)

1731 Anna 1 kopeck over 17xx Peter I 1/2 kopeck (almost undetectable)

1765 2 kopecks over 1762 PeterIII 4 kopecks

1766 2 kopecks over 1762 PeterIII 4 kopecks (probably double strucked)

Unconfirmed 1798/7 (overdate) Pavel I over 1760s denga... ?!?!?! (too tiny to be traced... but there are some outlines of it...)

There should be at least another three more coming in... so hopefully I can update this list... (I rather not put them in now for the moment ;) )

I am hoping to find a double overstriked coin... as in... 3 different designs in one coin...!!! :lol:

Do you have one? ;)

I saw one nice 2 kop 1763 overstrike over 4 kop (it can see IRE .... IKI from Tchetire Kopeiki) with 90 degrees rotation, for sale on ebay. What's the value of these coins? I want to buy one for my collection, but I do not know how much to pay for it...

Hi Banivechi!!! You know, from what I am gathering, a partial overstrike detail that you can see should hopefully not cost any more than 15-25USD. Here is another tip though... you might have to look through all the 2 kopeks from 1763-1766, as these are the most frequent years when overstriking happened, and also 1788 by Moscow Mint.

But again, it all depends on how much you can see. A nice overstriked 4 kopeck coin was sold for about 50USD, because the details was more evident. ;)

But... all we know... is that... it would be nice if we had the real one like this... :ninja:

http://molotok.ru/catalog/view_item.php?id_sell=7516931

Hi Banivechi!!! You know, from what I am gathering, a partial overstrike detail that you can see should hopefully not cost any more than 15-25USD. Here is another tip though... you might have to look through all the 2 kopeks from 1763-1766, as these are the most frequent years when overstriking happened, and also 1788 by Moscow Mint.

But again, it all depends on how much you can see. A nice overstriked 4 kopeck coin was sold for about 50USD, because the details was more evident. ;)

But... all we know... is that... it would be nice if we had the real one like this... :ninja:

http://molotok.ru/catalog/view_item.php?id_sell=7516931

You received my PM's?

Two more coins added to my overstriked collection ^_^

I think another one should come in quite soon, thanks to Banivechi ;)

2 5 kopeks overstriked on 10 kopeks.

1788 MM 5kopeks over 1762 Peter III 10 kopeks

1793 EM 5 kopeks over 1796 Cipher series 10 kopeks over previous strike...!!!

2x 5 kopeks overstriked on 10 kopeks;)

Will add in the outlines later :lol:

They are quite difficult to do :ninja:

900260.jpg

Look at the hammer and sickle! There is a part of the design of the other side, part of the number 50 is visible. It's not very clear on the picture though :ninja:

At the first i didn't spot this error on the coin, neither did the seller ;)

• 4 weeks later...

New overstriked coin!

Described by the seller:

"Very interesting 1757 Elizabeth 2 kopecks in VF! Three coins in one! This coin was struck over Baroque kopecks 1756. The year of mintining and MMD (Moscow mint) along with all details of host coin are clearly visible. The traces of bis-host coin - cross 5 kopecks of 1723-30 type are also visible on rider site of the coin."

1757overstrike1front9go.jpg

1757overstrike1back2mt.jpg

Very interesting! :ninja:

• 5 years later...