CoinPeople.com

Chinese Coins? Any info appreciated :)

sitedude2k13

g9sMpjP.jpg
ILNv5e9.jpg
I was wondering if anyone knew about these coins? I found them in an attic when I moved into my house. They appear to be chinese in origin? Unsure of dates or even if they are real or replicas.
Any info would be most appreciated, (if they are worth anything, history, how to tell if they are fake, etc)
Thank you guys so much!

I am not much an expert when it comes to authenticating coins (maybe others can help) but I can say those coins on the top are pre-1930 Chinese silver dollars (http://en.allexperts.com/q/Coin-Collecting-2297/Chinese-Coin-Id-Date.htm) they each contain roughly 2/3 of an ounce of silver so you have some money there. The two coins on the bottom right are 1904 Hupeh Province silver One Taels roughly once of silver each. According to Krause, those two coins are $400-500+ each (this is only a shot in the dark tho but I would look thru what items are selling for on ebay and other sites to get a more accurate reading on value).

The coin second from right on the bottom is (I believe) a 1934 (23) Chinese dollar and it is officially 90% silver. I would get that looked at by someone more familair with the vagaries of Chinese coinage. The one on the bottom left I am not sure abuout but it looks silver as is the rest of the coinage. All in all I would estimate that lot at about 4 or 5 oz of silver alone.

Chinese, yes. Given the number of scarcer issues, including 3 1919 $1, and not one but two Hupeh taels and a pattern Kwangtung $1, and the lack of minors, the likelihood of the lot being modern fakes is exceptionally high.

• 2 weeks later...

g9sMpjP.jpg
ILNv5e9.jpg
I was wondering if anyone knew about these coins? I found them in an attic when I moved into my house. They appear to be chinese in origin? Unsure of dates or even if they are real or replicas.
Any info would be most appreciated, (if they are worth anything, history, how to tell if they are fake, etc)
Thank you guys so much!

Even if they are fake, you don’t need to be disheartened. You haven’t lost any money; they were just lying there in the attic.

• 4 weeks later...