CoinPeople.com

Chinese republic 1912 error? one cint.

Eken

Got this interesting coin and can't find any information about it.

One cent 1912 ( first year 元年) but with error one cint.

As usual with chinese coins i doubt if the coin is genuine, but I do think this is.

Anyone know something about this error?

RegardsBild 2367.jpgBild.jpg

Regards Eken

I've been looking at it more closely and detect several details that isn't like the ones I can compare with at internet. It's no "fishscale" inside the number one. And several charcters differ.

fake? But while making a fake - do such a big mistake as misspelling cent???? strange.

I'll second on modern fake / fantasy.

I remember one Chinatown where I encountered a store with a basket full of "200+ year old coins" - all of which were fakes of Republican era bronzes, which of course even if genuine wouldn't be 200 year old. :lol:

Looks like a random fantasy to be honest. Chinese coins are just hideous when it comes to counterfeits - make sure you buy a catalog first before you start.

Looks like a random fantasy to be honest. Chinese coins are just hideous when it comes to counterfeits - make sure you buy a catalog first before you start.

Yes

I am definitely on the fake idea at the moment - don't know hoe I could go for the genuine idea at first.