CoinPeople.com

Examples of the Best Looking Eagles on Russian Imperial Coins from Your Collection

extant4cell

Hard to tell from this picture, but isn't the wideness of the base of the left wing caused by the imprint of the cypher?

You are perfectly right! You saw at first glance what took me several days of watching and comparing, I was close to buying this eBay coin as an important discovery, when I finally saw that the die clash had fooled me :shock:

Congratulations, eagle eyes! BTW - the coin is still on eBay, see link below.

http://www.ebay.de/i...984.m1423.l2649

Sigi

-

Here's another candidate ... Sigi

It's a nice find still, Sigi.

You've asked and here they are...

Nice examples gxseries!

Here's my 5 kopek novodel (Bitkin H662/R2)...

Bobh - I am stunned... speechless... and my hat is in my hands... before I throw it in the air with excitement! :)

Bobh - I am stunned... speechless... and my hat is in my hands... before I throw it in the air with excitement! :)

Thanks! :art:

These were all made from new dies and never circulated, so most of the time they are in really nice condition. Even so, this one picked up a little scratch somewhere during the 150+ years of its existence. This one was offered on two separate occasions for auction by Jim Elmen's WWCC. I bought it on eBay about 5 years ago, believe it or not! :shock:

In the past few days I was looking through all sorts of Novodel and Pattern coins finding some interesting (to me) examples. Have learned something knew - I never realized that in English "Pattern" coins in Russian coin collecting means "Trial" coins (as they are called in Russian)...