CoinPeople.com

Just got a nice rainbow toned morgan dollar 1890

Englishpicker

Thought I'd share it with you lot, I'm a picker and I've just got a nice rainbow toned 1890 morgan dollar. Let me know you think. Tom

Rainbow morgan.jpg

More pictures to follow....

I'm quite new to collecting and becasue of fakes I've stayed clear of morgans, but this one weighted right, smelled right and looked right so I went for it. Paid £30 for it, which is around $42 dollars. Not sure if that a good deal or not, but I'm just glad to have a nice example in my collection, based on my low budget.

I'm quite new to collecting and becasue of fakes I've stayed clear of morgans, but this one weighted right, smelled right and looked right so I went for it. Paid £30 for it, which is around $42 dollars. Not sure if that a good deal or not, but I'm just glad to have a nice example in my collection, based on my low budget.

For a toned coin I think $42 is a fair price, it seems the more vivid the colours the more they are worth, its a pity yours didnt have a CC mint mark on it.

Eye appeal goes along way in this hobby :)

For a toned coin I think $42 is a fair price, it seems the more vivid the colours the more they are worth, its a pity yours didnt have a CC mint mark on it.

Eye appeal goes along way in this hobby :)

It would have been nice if it was a CC , valuable coin. The reason why I collect US and canadian coins becasue UK dealers don't know as much about them. Thus you can get some better deals I feel.

It would have been nice if it was a CC , valuable coin. The reason why I collect US and canadian coins becasue UK dealers don't know as much about them. Thus you can get some better deals I feel.

LOL, thats funny because thats exactly the same reason why I collect UK coins (especialy the coins of Jersey).

Maybe we could trade , but Im not too sure if I am aloud to do that on this forum yet..

Your Morgan is nicely toned and natural! I'm still studying on artifical toned vs. natural toned and I'm almost positive that it is natural. Your reason for collecting United States coins is the same reason why I have been collecting coins of England! The dealers around here aren't as experienced with English coins nor do they know much about them. I feel that I have formed a reasonably nice collection of England's coins over the past few years that I have been actively collecting and I'm sure that you are doing the same with United States coins!

Thought I'd share it with you lot, I'm a picker and I've just got a nice rainbow toned 1890 morgan dollar. Let me know you think. Tom

Rainbow morgan.jpg

More pictures to follow....

Archived