CoinPeople.com

Siberia 10kop1776KM - 2 variants

sigistenz

Of the Siberian 10kop1776KM, there are 2 variants, = laurel twig of earlier years and laurel twig of later years. The difference is just 2 berries (!)

Brekke, Diakov and Bitkin make no difference with value or rarity. Yusupov does.

He lists the early type "$80" and the later type "$100".

That led me to a count out of the pieces in all the as to now 60 auction catalogs :crazy: of WORLD WIDE COINS OF CALIFORNIA (Jim Elmen).

Over the 30 years there appeared 23 of the 10kop1776KM. 22 of them were of the early type and only 1 of the later type.

This leads to my conclusion that the later type is pretty scarce if not rare.

Sigi

10kop1776kmearlytypeffo.jpg

10kop1776kmlatertypeffo.jpg

Of the Siberian 10kop1776KM, there are 2 variants, = laurel twig of earlier years and laurel twig of later years. The difference is just 2 berries (!)

Brekke, Diakov and Bitkin make no difference with value or rarity. Yusupov does.

He lists the early type "80" and the later type "100".

That lead me to a count out of the pieces in all the as to now 60 auction catalogs :crazy: of WORLD WIDE COINS OF CALIFORNIA (Jim Elmen).

Over the 30 years there appeared 23 of the 10kop1776KM. 22 of them were of the early type and only 1 of the later type.

This leads to my conclusion that the later type is pretty scarce if not rare.

Sigi

Great research and detective work, Sigi! :art:

From the photos you have posted, it seems that the dies of the other side are also different. Is this mentioned anywhere? (I don't have Yussupov, unfortunately).

Now you have to start looking for the mules! :banana:

Great research and detective work, Sigi! :art:

From the photos you have posted, it seems that the dies of the other side are also different. Is this mentioned anywhere? (I don't have Yussupov, unfortunately).

Now you have to start looking for the mules! :banana:

Thank you Bob! Yes, there are more minor variants, Юсупов lists them by the position of the animals' ears or tail tips in relation to the letters of the surrounding inscription.

But there is no indication as to their respective rarity - and even I do not care :rolleyes:

I was only after the major (Brekke and/or Bitkin) variants. Sigi

Indeed! Your attention to detail, and hard work have proven fruitful :unsure:

Thank you Josh, you'd better call it madness :crazy:

:blink: I hope the wintery weather over there does not harm you.

Sigi

Archived