CoinPeople.com

Hello from Poland

Hello and welcome! I collect Polish issues too, although I'm a bit daunted by the sheer number of commemorative issues the last few years. And having just listened to the BBC's production of a reading of Lovecraft's 'The Shadow over Innsmouth' last night, your nickname couldn't help but catch my eye. :D

Hello and welcome! I collect Polish issues too, although I'm a bit daunted by the sheer number of commemorative issues the last few years. And having just listened to the BBC's production of a reading of Lovecraft's 'The Shadow over Innsmouth' last night, your nickname couldn't help but catch my eye. :D

To be honest I'm not collecting modern, silver commemorative polish coins, only coins which are used in normal circulation and 2 zlote (Golden Nordic).

I'm a fan of H. P. Lovecraft's writings. ;)

DagonX B)

To be hinest I'm not collecting modern, silver commemorative polish coins, only coins which are used in normal circulation and 2 zlote (Golden Nordic).

I'm a fan of H. P. Lovecraft's writings. ;)

DagonX B)

Yeah, I'm mostly working on interwar and People's Republic issues and holding off on the modern issues just yet. Although the Enigma commemorative was gorgeous, and occupies a slot in my 'Math and Science' subcollection. :)

Lovecraft is... hrm. I like his creativity, but I don't always like his writing. I tend to prefer his work in adaptation, where someone has dialed back the adjective count a little bit, but what an imagination. :)

The BBC Radio 4 production of 'The Shadow Over Innsmouth' is still online, but only for another couple days. Worth a listen, I think.

Yeah, I'm mostly working on interwar and People's Republic issues and holding off on the modern issues just yet. Although the Enigma commemorative was gorgeous, and occupies a slot in my 'Math and Science' subcollection. :)

The Second Polish Republic coins are, in my opinion, the most beautiful "modern" polish coins. People's Republic issues are fine, but they don't have so much... beauty. ;)

I have agree - "Enigma" was gorgeous. But two years ago we minted another wonderful coin commemorative 65th anniversary of Lodz ghetto liquidation. Here's pics:

gettonowel.jpg

Lovecraft is... hrm. I like his creativity, but I don't always like his writing. I tend to prefer his work in adaptation, where someone has dialed back the adjective count a little bit, but what an imagination. :)

The BBC Radio 4 production of 'The Shadow Over Innsmouth' is still online, but only for another couple days. Worth a listen, I think.

Thanks for that. I'm sure I'll listen this today or tomorrow.

DagonX B)

The Second Polish Republic coins are, in my opinion, the most beautiful "modern" polish coins. People's Republic issues are fine, but they don't have so much... beauty. ;)

I have agree - "Enigma" was gorgeous. But two years ago we minted another wonderful coin commemorative 65th anniversary of Lodz ghetto liquidation.

Oh, that's *nice*, yeah.

One of the things I like about the People's Republic issues is that the nationalist issues -- for example, the ones celebrating Marie Curie and the Jagiellonian University -- are magnificently dynamic and dramatic designs, but the ones celebrating the party and the state -- particularly the 1968 10 złotych commemorating the 25th anniversary of the party -- are dull and lifeless. It's like the political war was still going on, in the coinage.

Few minutes ago I've finished to listen the first part and... WOW! Very good listening, great narrator!

One more time - thank you very much for this! :)

DagonX B)

Glad you liked it! I thought it was really well read, yeah. I hadn't read this particular story before, either -- Lovecraft is someone I approach and wander away from a lot. I find his creations fascinating, even though I don't particularly care for his writing style, so I keep going back and reading it anyway. :)

Glad you liked it! I thought it was really well read, yeah. I hadn't read this particular story before, either -- Lovecraft is someone I approach and wander away from a lot. I find his creations fascinating, even though I don't particularly care for his writing style, so I keep going back and reading it anyway. :)

Lovecraft's style is sometimes really uncommon for me too - but the world which he has created is fascinating, so complex and... terrifying. :)

If you want to listen one more his story, check this:

http://ebookee.org/At-The-Mountains-Of-Madness-Audiobook-_905841.html

you can download there "At the Mountain of Madness", read by the same narrator - Richard Cyle. ;)

DagonX B)

Archived