CoinPeople.com

2011 Medal of Honor Gold

Art

I've been serious thinking about adding a gold coin to my collection. Right now I'm considering one of these. Any opinions?

MOH1_popup.jpg

I've seen a few slabbed versions on ebay that are going for a tiny amount more than the mint price. In particular a few PF70 Ultra Cameo that are running less than 550 including postage. Not too bad.

I was watching a San Francisco Mint $5 commemorative NGC PF70UC went for 416.xx. Not bad for a 1/4 oz of gold in a great looking coin and certified as to grade and being genuine.

Looks like a real nice coin. You know if you have "that" feeling you better pull the trigger and get one! I'd rather have buyers remorse than kicking myself in the pants for letting something get away from me. Back in '08 I suggested to my collecting buddy to buy Buffalo gold fractionals. He didn't and boy what a missed opportunity. Anyway hindsight is always 20/20

I bought one of each before they raised the prices, so they were about $900 for the both of them, which was less than melt at the time, but now is a bit of a premium. They are pretty coins, but I must admit I like the old mint half eagles much more!

Archived