CoinPeople.com

A Chinese coin hoard that came in all at once...

gxseries

Was away for a while, sick etc and wham - these came in pretty much all at once. Some are common, some with crazy errors, some less common and one is casted in world's only unique metal. Of course and unfortunately this time I got stuck with a couple of counterfeits but they are interesting comtempory ones.

china1.jpg

china2wv.jpg

china3.jpg

china4s.jpg

See if you can tell anything interesting about them? Pretty sure a couple will grab your attention.

Quite nice. I really like the one with 20 on one side and the temple? on the other. Also the biggie with the dragon.

Only the second time I've seen the antimony :bthumbsup:

Szechuan 10 cash is quite nice. Same for the KT nickel half dime, though I've seen more in the past 2-3 years than before, so I'm guessing there's some coming out of the woodwork, so to say.

Art, the one you mentioned is a coin from Fujian province.

Good eyes ccg. Guess you need to know what you are looking at.

Some keys here that I'll have to photograph later - just a lot going on at once. I have to buy more containers to soak some coins in olive oil.

One massive double struck 20 cash coin that eloped away from the coin, hence looking like an egg.

Szechuan 100 cash - one of them has rotated die error but massive die cracks. The other is double struck.

Szechuan 10 cash on the other hand is not the common variety that you would come across. It has two different characters on the side.

Comtemporary counterfeit Zhejiang 10 cash overstruck over Korean 1902 5 fun

Anhui 1899 3.6 candareens

Jiangnan Province 7.2 candareens - this is something I have trouble identifying as it has NO date on it! (no sexaganary cycle date on it)

Jiangnan Province 1.44 mace - both comtemporary counterfeits (surprised over them to be honest)

Lastly Guizhou Province 1931 10 cash cast in antimony (!). More of the story can be read here: http://www.charm.ru/library/antimony.htm and here: http://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=26538

I am pretty certain that mine is genuine. Weighted 5.02g on my scale and it just feels odd!!! Do have to say that I swear I took more than 5 years looking for this coin at an affordable price.

Archived