CoinPeople.com

1743/1 Denga Overdate?

nicholasz219

Hello All,

I have been working on completing the 1730-1754 Denga series. I have been making some progress collecting these coins in a fine grade.

I purchased a 1743 Denga which appears to be an overdate with a 3 struck over a 1. I did not see it listed in Conros, Krause or Uzdenikov. (I realize that these references wouldn't be the best sources for overdate information too.) It is a Conros 220-22 1738 Eagle-7 feathers variety.

I am trying to take a reasonable picture of the overdate to post here for everyone to look at. In the meantime, I did find a similar coin for sale on Ebay from a pretty well established seller. Please see the link.

1743/1 Overdate courtesy of ValeriyaValeriya.

Does anyone have any insight into this coin?

It is listed in Brekke Supplement 1997 as # 12 on page 89 and indicated several die varieties exist. The rarity is "Scarce" the price is contingent upon ones desire to own it.

Thanks Lennysky! I will have to post a picture of it when I can sort this camera out. I appreciate the help!

Mo problem, I COULD HAVE scanned a page for you and send it if you need, but i REACHED MY POSTING OF PICTURES LIMIT.

a solution to this problem is to use photobucket (or alike) and insert a link.

Well thanks for the responses guys. I do not have all of the reference materials that you do, so I am at a substantial disadvantage. But you guys are a pretty helpful resource too! I am pretty happy I purchased this coin because I paid, I don't remember, but not much. It is just nice to find a variety when I didn't expect to. It's my first overstruck date!

Thank you nicholasz219 for pointed coin from my ebay store.Most of my coins I have purchasing back in years(??) and I should update the rarity .My wife (Valeriya) very fast with listings and didn't give me a chance to update description for 1743/1 denga.

Rarenum

PS:description updated ,If you have any additional question about denga or other coins from my store please feel free to ask me.

Thank you nicholasz219 for pointed coin from my ebay store.Most of my coins I have purchasing back in years(??) and I should update the rarity .My wife (Valeriya) very fast with listings and didn't give me a chance to update description for 1743/1 denga.

Rarenum

PS:description updated ,If you have any additional question about denga or other coins from my store please feel free to ask me.

I was glad to find a listing from your store (not realizing it was your store). I really have only starting paying a lot of attention to my 1730-1754 dengas and poluskas since my Conros arrived, with a lot more information about the varieties. My reason for asking about this overdate was because it was not listed. After seeing your coin for sale and examining mine, I figured it was legitimate. The seller of my coin did not sell me the coin as the 1743/1 overdate, so I did not pay extra for the coin.

Archived