CoinPeople.com

Interesting 1791-AM pyatak...

bobh

On eBay right now:

1791-AM pyatak

It is in terrible condition, but i can't help but think it may be overstruck (on what, I don't know). Could be die clashes, could be damage, could be almost anything...but look at the area close to the eagle's neck on the right and below the left leg. Also, to the left of the crown near the wreath at the edge, looks to me like a star! :shock:

What do you think? :confus:

On eBay right now:

1791-AM pyatak

It is in terrible condition, but i can't help but think it may be overstruck (on what, I don't know). Could be die clashes, could be damage, could be almost anything...but look at the area close to the eagle's neck on the right and below the left leg. Also, to the left of the crown near the wreath at the edge, looks to me like a star! :shock:

What do you think? :confus:

Hi Bob, there are no overstrikes known for 5kop1791AM. The coin must have been in serious trouble. :unsure:

The irregularities are heavy blows and scratches. A wreck.

Sigi

seller from estonia,

but you do not see that at main screen,

it was not like that before :shock:

OK, we shall see soon! :banana:

(Am I crazy or what??? :crazy: OTOH, I got the 1796-EM Paul overstrike we discussed here for quite a bargain, so I am willing to overpay a little here if it isn't anything special.)

OK, we shall see soon! :banana:

(Am I crazy or what??? :crazy: OTOH, I got the 1796-EM Paul overstrike we discussed here for quite a bargain, so I am willing to overpay a little here if it isn't anything special.)

I understand your reasoning (kind of... :blink: ), but, what the hell is wrong with the under-bidder?! What did she or he buy recently at a bargain price? :confus:

I am, by no means, an expert, but I do not think 1791 AM Paul's overstrike is known to anyone or described anywhere.

I understand your reasoning (kind of... :blink: ), but, what the hell is wrong with the under-bidder?! What did she or he buy recently at a bargain price? :confus:

I am, by no means, an expert, but I do not think 1791 AM Paul's overstrike is known to anyone or described anywhere.

I was referring to my purchase of this coin which happened a few months ago ... since I got such a good price for that one, I decided to use some of the money I saved (by not buying it at the realistic price!) to buy this one.

Of course, such an overstrike (1791-AM over anything) is not documented anywhere! But I think there is something ... what it is, I cannot say until I have received the coin. If you look at the globe in the eagle's right claw, it looks like there was a double strike because it was reproduced again to the right of the scroll. But none of the other details correspond to this! :shock:

There are so many questions I have because of this coin that I think it is worth it to purchase it. If I find nothing but junk, I can still sell it for a few dollars later on. And if I find something else ... well, the New Year will tell.

Archived