CoinPeople.com

Tell your story (even when it doesn't pay).

A little bragging. My TAMS Schenkman Gold Medal with the cover of the October 2009 TAMS Journal with my Midwinter article that earned the award. Not only does TAMS publish great articles on tokens and medals, they have the best awards in the hobby.

5115658607_abd150a3c9_z.jpg

More information on TAMS on their website. (Disclaimer: I'm the new webmaster. Feedback on what I'm doing?)

The full size image is big. The Journal is published in an 8 1/2 x 11 format. The medal is about 3" in diameter. Unless I'm mistaken, the medal itself is gold-plated silver. That adds up to a good payout if you wanted to melt it down (I don't).

Congratulations. It's certainly a great honor. I've looked at TAMS a few times but can only manage memberships in a few organizations at a time. Medals and Tokens are great and fun to collect but they're far from my emphasis.

A little bragging.

Pride goeth before the fall.

985844_a.jpg985844_b.jpg

Second place (bronze) and first place (silver) Heath Literary Awards from the ANA, truly the coolest awards in the hobby, granted to the webmaster of the Michigan State Numismatic Society here.

Be me as I am, nonetheless, congratulations are in order: for the Medal, for the Article, and for the Webmastering.

Let it be known that Bill Hyder is a Cool Guy with all Honors and Privileges accorded thereto.

I doff my hat.

Let the bragging continue!

Thanks Michael. Collecting is fun, but it is even better sharing and participating in the hobby. CoinPeople is one avenue. The ANA, TAMS, etc help increase the enjoyment and knowledge of the hobby. Writing is another means of sharing, websites yet another. More than a few of our fellow CoinPeople, for example, have some of the finest sites on the web for numismatists.

I'm encouraging everyone here to give it a go. Write an article. Participate in an organization. Mount a display.

Congrats to you both, William & Michael, for well deserved triumphs & awards :bthumbsup: TAMS, because it is rightly focused on American tokens & medals, falls outside my, all ready too large, active area of collecting. That is not meant to imply, if I had the time & money, that I would not like to enter that field of exonumia, because I would.

Archived