CoinPeople.com

Weird 50 kopek

Blackdrone

Im intresting what is this? I think its not tipical 50 kopeks.

What do you think?

What is the real price this coin? Maybe proof?

Not proof, much more likely harshly cleaned and whizzed/polished... :ninja:

That being said, the coin has a lot of detail for the earlier Nicholas II silver, and 1895 is not such a common date. The edge thickness is perfectly normal for this year. As a matter of fact, there is an astounding variation in edge thickness throughout the series.

It's always hard to say what a scarce coin is worth which has been mistreated. I think I'll not even try to guess.

That being said, the coin has a lot of detail for the earlier Nicholas II silver, and 1895 is not such a common date. The edge thickness is perfectly normal for this year. As a matter of fact, there is an astounding variation in edge thickness throughout the series.

It's always hard to say what a scarce coin is worth which has been mistreated. I think I'll not even try to guess.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Yes it is ... I was going to suggest it, too ... but you were first! :ninja:

Here is mine which I picked up in 2006 at the NY Sale for about $180 (graded AU-58, but probably undergraded):

Russia_50_Kopeek_1895_AG_ex_NYSale_NGC_AU_58_obv.thumb.jpgRussia_50_Kopeek_1895_AG_ex_NYSale_NGC_AU_58_rev.thumb.jpg

Larger images here:

http://hairgrove-goldberg.com/Gallery/albu...C_AU_58_obv.jpg

http://hairgrove-goldberg.com/Gallery/albu...C_AU_58_rev.jpg

Thank you Squirrel and Bobh for the reference. But I seem to have trouble with that website. I get only a partial image without the ability to scroll down. :ninja:

It sounds like the page doesn't finish loading.

It works fine for me with Firefox. What browser/OS are you using?

Thank you Squirrel and Bobh for the reference. But I seem to have trouble with that website. I get only a partial image without the ability to scroll down. :ninja:

Do you have JavaScript enabled?

Maybe you need to refresh the browser (hit CTRL-R) when only half of the page loads.

maybe you need to go in to the GM homepage first, www.gmcoinart.com and navigate from there?

Got my printed catalog yesterday, so if your on the mailing list, it might be on the way.

Hello!

What do you think?

Thanks.

yes, your coin is not what you expected from people opinion over here,

however do not listen that some hearts broken looking at it :ninja:

believe me, some people here shows coins 100 times worst than yours

and never get even a word of critic as you got on your coin,

of course, in the future, if you would like to please consult over here before buying,

good luck ;)

Thank you Steve, Grivna1726, bobh, squirrel, and IgorS for all your help. Like IgorS I use IE. I tried different things but the only thing that finally worked was what squirrel suggested. I logged on to the GM homepage directly and was able to access everything.

Hmm... :ninja:

Hello!

What do you think?

Thanks.

are you buing this one or just pre-estimating about to buy :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived