CoinPeople.com

The 2010 Conros Price Guide

alexbq2

I had a chance to pick into the new Conros catalog. The structure and the look are the same, but flipping through some familiar coins, I did notice that the prices had undergone a major overhaul. While, once again, they elevated prices for practically all coins by some percentage, they had done so drastically for many rare and scarce coins. Many have had their price estimates doubled. In some cases they evened out prices for (presumably) similar coins.

As a few examples of the top of my head:

a) 1814 Denga IM-CP was (I think) $40 in the 2009 issue - now it is an even $100

b ) As I recall 1790s (91,92,93) KM polushkas are all $100 as well

c) Both types of the 1860 year style eagle 20 kopeeks (which have been confusing as the Conros rating is the opposite of Bitkin's) have also been equalized at the $100 estimate.

Come to think of it, they've rounded a lot of things up to $100. :ninja:

At any rate, the move to highlight scarce coins in the price guide by elevating the price estimates, is IMHO bound to increase interest and competition for these items.

besides Conros the most popular catalog is now Walmart: a cost in Russia about $10-12, on ebay $35.00 ;)

i would love to compare prices both of them but do not have either one :ninja:

besides Conros the most popular catalog is now Walmart: a cost in Russia about $10-12, on ebay $35.00 ;)

i would love to compare prices both of them but do not have either one :ninja:

Correction for the public. It is WOLMAR, not WALMART. Their catalog can be purchased directly , I guess.

As to the Conros prices, I believe they do more harm then good to collectors. Probably, it was the only company that did not notice 2008-2010 Great Recession. Their prices are just misleading in most cases. IMHO

Archived