CoinPeople.com

Lookie what I found...

PennyLoafer63

I went through three boxes last week myself and found 35 wheats, a decent haul, usually I average about 10 per box. My earlies were a 1924 and a 1930, the remaining were 1940 on up to 1958. One of the most fascinating was a 1973 Barbados cent, first time I have ever gotten an older trident cent from coin searching. Just a bit over 30% of the $75 worth of cents was pre-1982 bronze and joined the rest of the herd in retirement. So far I have about 400lbs of copper cents.

Whilst I was adding the wheats in, I was going through the accumulation of finds, they date as far back as two 1909's, including a VDB from Philly - I got both of them last year, quite a few from the teens and a lot more from the 1920's on up.

It is a cheap pursuit, but the thrill of finding something makes it worth it. I know others have found Indian cents and hope sometime I will find one out in the wild.

Thanx Guy's,you make me feel all proud!!!! ;) Feel like I got hair on my chest now! :yes: Did i just say that? Outloud?

Oh Gosh yes,I love finding wheat's and S' mm.......I still have every wheat and every S I ever found,can't let go of the S' for some silly reason :ninja: No clue why!

Oh and too I found 2 canadian's in the same roll...odd but they are identical,must be some kinda bicentennial maybe,they have 1867-1992 on them?? .....I've got plenty canadian's now,3 or 4 that don't even look circulated from 60's I think to 2003's...I think....LoL

I know exactly what you mean scottis cause it's better than Christmas to me.LoL.Because being born on new year's day,I "ALWAY'S" had to save one present for my birthday......traumatic to a kid...ROFL!

OMG,I'd die if I pulled out a 1909 i guess,Ain't made it that far yet! ;)

But I'll be waiting! :rofl:

And yea Art,can you tell i am just tickled with it too?

Nice Haul?? that's another new one! Art taught me I own a roosie but never knew it! ;)

Literally I have to believe I have gone through about 120 boxes since 2007. I would go through more, but lately it has gotten to be a bit of a pain to get rid of the Zincolns that I reject.

I also have several dozen errors, mostly clips or off centre strikes, hundreds of earlier Canadian cents, ie George VI and early EII coins. Sometime I want to do a presentation on here about all my finds. I keep them all sorted out in different rolls depending on what they are. The regular bronze Lincolns go into large plastic jugs.

I have deals with several of my banks tellers, they get cents, older FRN's large sized dollar coins, pre-1970 halves etc, and they get gift cards for lunch etc.

Literally I have to believe I have gone through about 120 boxes since 2007. I would go through more, but lately it has gotten to be a bit of a pain to get rid of the Zincolns that I reject.

I also have several dozen errors, mostly clips or off centre strikes, hundreds of earlier Canadian cents, ie George VI and early EII coins. Sometime I want to do a presentation on here about all my finds. I keep them all sorted out in different rolls depending on what they are. The regular bronze Lincolns go into large plastic jugs.

I have deals with several of my banks tellers, they get cents, older FRN's large sized dollar coins, pre-1970 halves etc, and they get gift cards for lunch etc.

Oh Wow..That's a neat setup! I've only been doing it for about a yr now..maybe a little longer but not much,I still have alot to learn,But time is what I have the most of the past few years,More time than money believe me.......Ya know my husband was a freak for wheat's and old pennie's but I basically just stared and shook my head if he stopped to pick one up and even rolled an eye or 2 :ninja: He would be so shocked ;);):yes: to see me in it now.he was never a collector but if he saw a penny he'd stop traffic to grab it and put in his little mug which now belong's to our Grandson Dakota!

BTW

I have one extra nice bank teller and 2 Grouchy one's!

You can ask these around here and they act like you've asked them to hide a body for ya! and Thank God for coinstar!

But i have gotten Dakota into it as bad as Myself..he got off his bus a while back and saw a penny "in the ditch".It's a 55 wheat but it is so black and tarnished you can't tell alot about it.but eye's like a hawk,He alway's check's his money!!!!!

But I guess when you think about it, he'll have alot of girl's chasing him,afterall a coin collector is never broke! ;) Well that's what i like to tell him.inspiration..ROFL!

I am going crazy but meant to ask you guy's and gal's.LoL If that could be?? a struck thru grease error on the Rev....did you notice the D&S and AME is missing?? or can you see the pic well enough? It look's like it was never there but that's just me or wishful Thinking!

My best "street find" was just outside Mission San Jose in California, near the old Mission church, I found a 1926-S peaking out from the dirt. Last year over at my old house I found a 1917 cent out by an old elm tree that has been there for a very long time. In fact I found a cluster of coins there mostly from the 1940s and 1950's and a few into the mid 1990's around that tree. No silver so far.

My best "street find" was just outside Mission San Jose in California, near the old Mission church, I found a 1926-S peaking out from the dirt. Last year over at my old house I found a 1917 cent out by an old elm tree that has been there for a very long time. In fact I found a cluster of coins there mostly from the 1940s and 1950's and a few into the mid 1990's around that tree. No silver so far.

Wow,My Grandson has 1917 Wheat...I think the oldest i have is a 19!

Shoot I forget what I do have sometimes,LoL So it's always a 2nd surprise.....My mind has just about left me.LoL

I'll go through mine on occasion if I see them in a post and I'm like.OMG i forgot that one....I have 2 wheat's that have no dates.......Dunno if it's trial strikes maybe or grease or something but their surface is like a glassy feel? and one that say's In God we RUST! You can barely see the T with a naked eye but on the scanner or magnification it shows better!

One of them has what look's like a 1 turned on its side though.... :ninja:

:ninja: I just about jumped out of my chair last night,We'd been talking about different country coins,

I got a one cent bahamian coin,OMG it made my night..LoL

1st time I had ever seen one...i couldn't believe it has a starfish on it!

Last year I found a euro in roll's too!

Archived