CoinPeople.com

Middle Ages Unknown coin ?

mudhut1000

Hello from NM, USA

This appears to be brass, weighs .3oz, is about 3.5mm thick and is approximately 18.5mm in diameter, edge appears to have had something on it but has been mostly filed down, reverse has been filed down also leaving course file marks.

I have uploaded the one side only due to maxing out my bytes.

Mud

Unknown_Middle_Ages_Coin.jpg

If you use a hosting site for your pictures such as photobucket or flickr. You wont use up the bytes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Brett, thanks! I'll do that ASAP.

Thanks again! Mud

Looks interesting, but the jury's out over here.

-----------------------------------------------------------_______________________-------------------------------------------------------------------

The jury may be out but your awake!! Thanks for the comment....that confirms that there are interesting and interested people on this site!! Keep looking!!

THANKS,

Mud

I can almost get to a match, a French jeton of the 15th century, but I need the other side to get closer.

I can almost get to a match, a French jeton of the 15th century, but I need the other side to get closer.

Thanks for looking at this! It's been in my collection for 12 years and I could not find out to even attempt to attribute it, and bam, I stumble upon this site and in less than a day I have a probable ID!

I am sorry to say that the other side is uniface with course scratches on it. But if that will help here it is!!

Many thanks,

Mud

unknown_Middle_Ages_coin_Rev.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------_______________________-------------------------------------------------------------------

The jury may be out but your awake!! Thanks for the comment....that confirms that there are interesting and interested people on this site!! Keep looking!!

THANKS,

Mud

Oh yes, it gets quiet in here. I still have dozens of coins that want identifying in one thread but I didn't get the swarms of identifyers of medals and tokens etc. that I expected. :'(

So the other side doesn't help. It has either been shaved and scratched or the piece is some sort of slug that I am not familiar with. The general id holds for the source, but the rest is a mystery.

Thanks for looking at this! It's been in my collection for 12 years and I could not find out to even attempt to attribute it, and bam, I stumble upon this site and in less than a day I have a probable ID!

I am sorry to say that the other side is uniface with course scratches on it. But if that will help here it is!!

Many thanks,

Mud

Maybe because you've got a bunch of weird stuff you've posted. You may be beyond hope or help! (You know I'm smiling as I type these words.)

Oh yes, it gets quiet in here. I still have dozens of coins that want identifying in one thread but I didn't get the swarms of identifyers of medals and tokens etc. that I expected. :'(

Archived