CoinPeople.com

Check your drywall

Mark Stilson

Anything is possible but I highly suspect that that information is bogus. As so much on the internet is just made up info by individuals that must think it's fun or report things they actually believe is possible. The reason I say this is that almost all drywal is made today by USGypsum. There are other manufacturers but most is from USG. And an amazing thing is that dry wall is made of almost nothing that could effect Copper except that it is rather porus and absorbant so it could be a source of moisture. However, that is no where near as porus or absorbant than the funrniture in houses.

Most dry wall is nothing but crushed rock, soap, water, miscellaneous products like the glue that holds the papaer on. In many areas, where fossil fuel power stations are present, much of the dry wall by USG is made from their Fly Ash and that is after going through many types of cleanings.

Being involved in the Engineering and construction of numerous dry wall, tile, Gypsum plants, I've never seen anything in the reports, and there are lots of those availabe, that indicates harmfull materials to Copper.

Of course if a person takes a knife and cuts an opening in some dry wall, inserts a Copper coin, lets it sit there for about 20 years, something may happen. :ninja:

Just as an after thought note I'd like to mention that the story you are mentioning is from CNN about dry wall from China. I find it difficult to think we would have dry wall from China here. The cost of shipping dry wall from China to the USA would prohibit any possible sales. We here have recently made numerous new dry wall plants all across the USA. Most are 2 lines or more. Each line can produce more dry wall than can be used by our own country except in emergencies but then too those plants have a massive stockpile. AND that is just USG. Like I said there are other plants making that also. Check the prices of a sheet of dry wall and you will see not much chance of any profit by China.

Ineresting. A girl in my research group last year just got her PhD after doing a project for USG. I think she was trying to reduce the amount of moisture absorbed or something. I'll have to look it up later.

I've heard about this chinese drywall. This seems to be a problem mostly in areas rebuilding after hurricanes of the last few years, so if you live in one of those areas, you may want to check out your drywall. It seems a lot of cheap drywall shipped into the New Orleans area in particular was high in sulfer content. There have been adverse health effects for people living in houses with this drywall.

Ben

Join ebid! http://us.ten.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?ref...o=register-main

My sales on ebid! http://us.ten.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words...h&type=user

My online collection: http://www.tantaluscoins.com/browse.php?uname=benzgemz

Didn't read most posts, but thought i'd add that that was the main article on the CNN homepage yesterday so it is true that there is concern. Didn't read the article though. :ninja:

I've heard about this chinese drywall. This seems to be a problem mostly in areas rebuilding after hurricanes of the last few years, so if you live in one of those areas, you may want to check out your drywall. It seems a lot of cheap drywall shipped into the New Orleans area in particular was high in sulfer content. There have been adverse health effects for people living in houses with this drywall.

Ben

That too seams odd since one of the newest, largest USG plants is not to far from there.

Of course everything that appears in the newsmedia is 100% accurate. Ever watch the weather reports?

Ineresting. A girl in my research group last year just got her PhD after doing a project for USG. I think she was trying to reduce the amount of moisture absorbed or something. I'll have to look it up later.

That is interesting. I wonder if she was in the main office in downtown Chicago or the labratories in Libertyville. Ask her.

That is interesting. I wonder if she was in the main office in downtown Chicago or the labratories in Libertyville. Ask her.

Will do. I'll get you an answer in a few days.

Archived