CoinPeople.com

Russian Banknotes

tqc2002

Hi all,

I have just started to collect Banknotes and I start to collect Russian Bank notes from 1917 and north till today ;)

Since I'm new - I wonder if there is a guide for Bank note collecting?

I'm also looking for a RUSSIAN Bank note cataloge? is there one online? Conros maybe? Please help ;):ninja:

In order to collect bank notes from Russia i need to know when they Published bank notes and with what nomination - is there a place to see that?

I'm willing to trade or buy Russian bank notes from members from this forum ;)

I know that I have lots of questions - I would be glad to get them all answered ;)

Thanks in advanced

TQ

I'm sure there is a specific banknote book dealing with just Russian banknotes. But most banknote collectors use The Standard Catalog or World Paper Money. It comes in 3 volumes.....General Issue 1368-1960, Modern Issue 1961-to date and Specialized.

As for a website Ron Wises site is one of the best. Here is the link

http://aes.iupui.edu/rwise/

• 1 month later...
conros can't give you information about prices in the market

they are in Russian but i find them very usefull:

Denisov, in 4 volumes, more for the information rather then the prices, from 2004

V.B Zarovski from 2007 for prices.

Try this website for some info

http://members.tripod.com/~nensberg/home.html

Don't bother e-mailing him though in my experience he never replies

Also try The Standard Catalogue Specialized there are often used copies on Amazon.

I recently bought a 2006 ex library copy that had obvious;y never been read for £6 + £3 postage so that was less than $20US. How they can post a book of that size from the USA to UK for £3 is beyond me. There are bargains to be had.

One other tip, learn a little Russian, it is not beyond anyone to do so and it will be very helpful, start with numbers and the alphabet.

There are quite a lot of Russian banknotes out there to go for and at the same time you'll learn a lost of very interesting facts and history of a great nation

Frank

Archived