CoinPeople.com

Hard riding out this economy

I'm in the real estate inspection business and things are slow, collecting coins has been a passion and very soothing hobby for years, however with the down-turn in the economy I have begun selling some coins (the babies) It started out with the gold and then went to the mint sets and soon will move into the collections and sets. Perhaps I should have taken up drinking as a hobby? Any way hello to all, as I am new to the site. Have a blessed day!

Welcome aboard and sorry to hear of your woes. I like to think we are all being handed a lemon right now with the economy etc. What we do with that lemon will determine how we ride this out. Fortunately I was raised by an older relative that went through the great depression, so I have a bit of an edge with my outlook of things. I intend to squeeze the cr@p out of the lemon I have been handed, and enjoy the juice.

So if need be, I started stocking up on non-numismatic materiel several years ago - somehow things just didn't look good on the horizon, and my older relative thought so too.

Welcome. Many of us have been through situations where our hobbies had to go in favoer of things of higher priority. It will turnaround. Keep enjoying what you have and learn from what you're doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived