CoinPeople.com

Pattern for sale on ebay

dooly

Its like he is yelling :ninja:

Most of his items appear to be cheap 'junk' (dolls heads, bottles etc) dug out of garbage tips (he actually says this). Seems a bit weird to be also selling a rare pattern. But, whatever. Don't want to be overly suspicious.

Is the original poster the seller? They're both from the same remote county of Northern England (I'm guessing yes).

I think MIM was trying to sell a Novodel of one of these for half of that amount not too long ago. I'm not sure if that lot sold or at what price if it did.

This is a novodel. Or, at least, after conducting some research of 1830 patterns and novodels, this is my opinion on the matter. :-) Tail is round, not pointed. Strike is a business strike, and not a proof strike. Listed in GM in a group of three other confirmed novodels listed as originals.

As to the price, this is madness. A pattern would not bring as much even if sold as a part of Alborg collection. Even the rarest of the set (Zubov's 5 kop) sold there for around $5,000. All in all, a good price for this would be $1,500. A very high price would be $2,500 -- 3,000. (I recently bought an original pattern 1840 spb 3 kop in proof for $3,000 from a US dealer). What this novodel is listed for, is madness. I thought that was a joke, when I saw it.

As to the price, this is madness. A pattern would not bring as much even if sold as a part of Alborg collection. Even the rarest of the set (Zubov's 5 kop) sold there for around $5,000. All in all, a good price for this would be $1,500. A very high price would be $2,500 -- 3,000. (I recently bought an original pattern 1840 spb 3 kop in proof for $3,000 from a US dealer). What this novodel is listed for, is madness. I thought that was a joke, when I saw it.

According to the seller, "This coin is 100% guaranteed to be as stated", yet also says "i have now REMOVED my "RETURNS ACCEPTED" Policy.. and you are hereby warned "DO NOT BID ON ANY OF MY ITEMS IF YOU DO NOT 100% WANT IT, AS MY SALES ARE NOW" NO RETURNS AUCTIONS !!!"

So the coin is "100% guaranteed", but there is no return privilege (which severely undermines whatever value that "guarantee" might have).

one would be a fool to buy this object at that price, period. You could get the whole set of novodels in proof for less then that. (IMXO)

a seller says that he recently sent this coin to NGC by himself, why it got some scratches already on its slab, does anyone know how to check the bar code and register number of this coin with grading service... :ninja:

last 12 month this seller had 3 neg feedback and few neutral... ;)

;) Haha .. well researched you lot .. yes its my coin :ninja:

I thought i would post this like i have just to finally get some "honest" feedback on the coin .. and i did that's great ;)

as for the responses this post has received .. it is because of the negatives i have received i now put on the NO RETURNS bit .. it is not that i will not give returns on an item i was sick to the back teeth of whingers bidding on stuff .. since putting this on my listings i have only had Nice people bidding on my items ..

A little story : a Canadian purchased a lot of "Scrap" coins (pre 1947) which had to be shipped in two envelopes due to the amount .. when he received them he emailed me to say he wanted to return them as the price of silver had dropped since he purchased them and "There was not enough profit in the lot for him" !!! ;) and he wanted the postage back for sending them back to me !!! .. that is one of the number of "Unnice" people who made me put the "nasty" header on my items..

As for the guarantee .. well the coin is guaranteed buy the Numismatic Guarantee corporation as a Patten.. and i have to bow to there knowledge.. If they say it is .. so that to me is a 100% guarantee that the coin is what it says on the slab.

as for the price well .. i have found no reference to past sales of this coin .. and certainly no sales of the top graded example.. and asked some top traders/dealers from the collectors society .. and they said i would be a mug to let it go for less than $10.000.00 as "where would you get another"

Scratches on the slab .. yep it is not one of the New scratch resistant slabs .. and boy is it easy to scratch some of them !!

You were very wise Mr Molding as this is no ware near my best items and i sold a "Dump" dug Pot lid last week for $3,000.00 + :D so you seem like a very logical person .. just my kind of fellow ;)

Well thanks again for all your comments .. they are well received .. and best wishes to you all dooly :D

PS.. Just a note .. I don't really want to sell the coin :ninja: But a W.R.Pape shotgun has come up for sale and if it sells i will then be able to afford it ;)

PPS.. Sorry for shouting .. just trying to make all the information clear and hide nothing

PS.. Just a note .. I don't really want to sell the coin ;) But a W.R.Pape shotgun has come up for sale and if it sells i will then be able to afford it ;)

PPS.. Sorry for shouting .. just trying to make all the information clear and hide nothing

I'll trade you a heavily used, but very reliable, Beretta 303 for that 10 kopek :ninja:

(ps.. i didnt think Her Majesties' subjects were allowed such dangerous toys...!)

Archived