CoinPeople.com

New York Sale, Jan. 2009

bobh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard that about 90% of lots were not sold and went back. Any truth in it? Seems to be high, but then again the losts were quite overpriced.

That's about 90% incorrect :ninja: It's true there were many more unsold than I'd seen in the past but certainly not 90%. In the first 100 lots, for example 60% were sold.

So it is safe to assume that 50-60% of lots were sold, indicating an incorrect appraisal by D. Markov with no linience for the declining economy. I am sure next time, it will be a bit more fair.

Does anyone have prices realized in emailable or postable format yet?

price realized are availble on www.thenewyorksale.com site :ninja:

wow. I guess the economy IS bad, after all.

and finally on sixbid...

everyone can check sold ;) and unsold lots :ninja: ...

let's see percentage...

That's about 90% incorrect ;) It's true there were many more unsold than I'd seen in the past but certainly not 90%. In the first 100 lots, for example 60% were sold.

I had few extra mins and I did a little calculation for sale XXI:

from 391 lots there were sold 272 -

that brings a percentage of 69.56% of sold lots, if price realized compiled truly right ;);):ninja: ...

also noticed that some lots were sold at 80% of estimate, but have no patient to count its persentage...

I had few extra mins and I did a little calculation for sale XXI:

from 391 lots there were sold 272 -

that brings a percentage of 69.56% of sold lots, if price realized compiled truly right ;);):ninja: ...

also noticed that some lots were sold at 80% of estimate, but have no patient to count its persentage...

Thanks! I was writing down prices as they happened and I think your calculation sounds about correct.

Yes, a fair number of lots went to the first bidder at the opening price (80% of estimate).

I bought 6 coins, all of which I'm happy with.

Steve

Thanks! I was writing down prices as they happened and I think your calculation sounds about correct.

Yes, a fair number of lots went to the first bidder at the opening price (80% of estimate).

I bought 6 coins, all of which I'm happy with.

Steve

what do you think for lot 1097 5 kop 1758 which realized 8000 dollars (estimate 1000), is its price:

normal ;)

abnormal ;)

ridiculous high :ninja:

what do you think for lot 1097 5 kop 1758 which realized 8000 dollars (estimate 1000), is its price:

normal ;)

abnormal ;)

ridiculous high :ninja:

Abnormal. I've heard there's actually a story here....something about this being a 'Dassier eagle' as used in the Roubles. It would supposedly make it very special. I don't know more at this point, only relaying what I've heard. Perhaps another board member has more information.

Steve

Abnormal. I've heard there's actually a story here....something about this being a 'Dassier eagle' as used in the Roubles. It would supposedly make it very special. I don't know more at this point, only relaying what I've heard. Perhaps another board member has more information.

Steve

last couple auctions this type of eagle moscow house ekaterina monety i medali uses as dassier eagle when presents lot description for such 5 kopeks...(eagle from dassier ruble)

i recently noticed this kind of description in ekaterina auction catalogs...

Archived