CoinPeople.com

Honest dealers in Russian coins?

allen.moore

Group,

We all know about the perils of bidding on Russian coins on eBay (fleaBay?). I hesitate to think how many of my eBay purchases may ultimately prove to be fakes...one reason I haven't pursued this angle.

But in my short collecting career (6 months), I've run across a few dealers who up to this point have never steered me wrong (sincerely believe). I offer to this group:

Alex Basok - Highland Park, IL

Bob Reis - Raleigh, NC

Konstantin Yegorov - Reston, VA

If anyone has any comments about these dealers, I'm certain the forum would welcome them. And if you have other dealers who are potentially equally trustworthy, please comment about them...I'd like to make contact!

Best regards,

allen.moore@tech-strategy.net

I will add, Alex Basok is an excellent guy to deal with, very knowledgeable, personable etc. He let my then 9 year old daughter buy a rare Moldavian coin for $10 a few years ago, the coin is worth quite a bit more. She is one that can look through coins and pick out the one that is the most valuable of the lot, doesn't matter what metal, in this case gun metal bronze. His table at shows is the one with a bunch of us around yippering in Russian too.

Re: BKB's post...

I came across Konstantin Yegorov on eBay; now lives in Reston, VA. He is originally from Novgorod and has been collecting Russian wire coins for about 20 years. He sometimes sells his excess stuff on eBay, but I have bought from him privately as well. He is a bit pricier than Basok and Reis on like items, but he also has some rare specimens that I haven't been able to find elsewhere. I hope within the next few weeks to pay him a personal visit and "drool" over his collection (and maybe pick up some gems!)

I came across Konstantin Yegorov on eBay; now lives in Reston, VA. He is originally from Novgorod and has been collecting Russian wire coins for about 20 years. He sometimes sells his excess stuff on eBay, but I have bought from him privately as well. He is a bit pricier than Basok and Reis on like items, but he also has some rare specimens that I haven't been able to find elsewhere. I hope within the next few weeks to pay him a personal visit and "drool" over his collection (and maybe pick up some gems!)

For wire money you can also look up Tony Fein. I think he is on vcoins.com

Konstantin Yegorov - kyegorov on eBay. He's been on ebay for quite some time, and I've bought from him now and then never had any problems, but he's always been very "liberal" with his pricing

Archived