CoinPeople.com

which year is the hardest one to collect

tqc2002

Hi all,

I'm trying my best on collecting Russian Coins by years and I'm wondering which year is the hardest to collect, are there years that I will not be able to collect at all? very rare coins. I know that 1922 is a bit hard to collect since the 1 Rouble is very expensive - are there more year like that?

I would be happy to have lot of information about that - so I could be able to arrange my collection by the info I'll get :ninja:

Thanks in advanced

TQ

What do you want to collect, Soviet Russia or Imperial period? There are a lot of rare coins. For example I've been collecting by years for long time the coins of Nikolay II and still don't have some things. I think it is impossible to get all existing years for such period as Imperial Russia.

Thank you for pointing it out! :ninja: I forgot all about that , sorry.

I collect Russian coins from 1921 and up untill today including Commemorative coions.

Thanks

TQ

you will run into trouble with early years. some 1 & 2 kopek pieces of 1924 - 1927 are virtually unobtainable.

Thank you all for the information. It helped me to have a basic idea on what I'm going to deal with.

if any of you have more information to share I would be glad to hear :ninja:

Thanks again - i'm learning a lot from this forum.

TQ

Thank you all for the information. It helped me to have a basic idea on what I'm going to deal with.

if any of you have more information to share I would be glad to hear :ninja:

Thanks again - i'm learning a lot from this forum.

TQ

Which book do you intend to use?

Thanks all for your kind help

and yes I know that my question is too general - I did not expect to get an exact answer telling me which and what coin is the rarest coin there is (even though it is not that hard to have an idea which is the rarest coin out there - Russian coins from 1921 up to 2008).

Thee_Immortal_One:

I know that the 2015 H-R is hard to find , I'm with those that say the 2017 kopek is harder to find since it will cost more then 10 kopek to produce 1 kopek (there for it would be hard to find it then).

I just wanted to have an overall idea - and I thank you all for helping me out :ninja:

regards,

TQ

Archived